Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Me too Dandelion, me too! I'm proud to say Mountain among many other bands of my youth warped me. Although I think the coin is finally flipped to the other side, my kids are complaining to take that boring old timey music off.Frowner

Right now listening to: Miles Davis, Sketches Of Spain.

WildGravity(I like writing thatSmiler), in a way that is sad, I would love to grok it just for its musical quality alone. I think I would love the Velvet from the snatches I have heard here and there mostly the air waves.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...Right now listening to: Miles Davis, Sketches Of Spain...."

Now you're talking!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've really been getting into both Davis & Coltrane lately, I grab 'em as soon as I see it, no questions.

Right now: Jefferson Airplane, Surrealistic Pillow.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night Sons of the Pioneers, as I was with the boys at homework time. Favorites of RB back in his early days, they starred at the height of live radio era.

"He remembered all the words to the cowboy songs and would teach you if you asked."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket (equally fun to write Smiler ) You may get a different take on Velvet than I did. You have to understand, I live in a college town, where everyone only listens to music because of its novelty.

speaking of which now i'm listening to the yeah yeah yeahs

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a drink of "Cool, Clear Water", eh, Butch?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
"He remembered all the words to the cowboy songs and would teach you if you asked."

Cool water
Clear water
Water...

Leonard Slye was an early member before he broke off to go solo. Dylan has played them on his XM radio show before. Dylan likes good music.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
speaking of which now i'm listening to the yeah yeah yeahs

You're listening to The Beatles?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup! You got it, Sundance. When all seems lost, what a cool drink of water does for the body and soul!

For you "Tinhorns" enjoy a few listens:
Scroll down ~ http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Collection-Sons-Pioneers/dp/B000066F3E

Here is a picture of the Boys!
http://home.hiwaay.net/~singer/SonsPioneers.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He said Tinhorn! By the way, since I'm too lazy to skip threads and I'm currently responding to your post Fjp, I just want to say I enjoy your postings immensely. Your family oriented stories are just what we rapscallions need around these here parts...

posted Hide Post
Steely Dan, Countdown To Ecstacy Smiler

posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. The Sons Of The Pioneers.
There used to be something that singers, actors, poets, artists, and writers all used to have as a prerequisite... now what was it?.......let's see.......it's hard to remember.......Oh yeah! Talent!

posted Hide Post
Folk music will never be out of date.

Also amazing to note that some of the most evocative music for a certain era was written in a later one--"Cool Water" being one.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket, you snuck in while I was editting away. Give a listen above, Pard!

(Jack London referred to tin/greenhorns in "To Build a Fire" as "chechaqua.")

What? "Rapscallions!" Why,...er - I resemble that remark!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
You're listening to The Beatles?

Oh no no.. although I was earlier. No, I'm afraid I'm listening to one of those flash in the pan trendys my peers listen too.

www.allmusic.com

Look em up.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post