Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
No wonder I couldn't recall his name!

Yeah - I just typed it and I still can recall it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing but Home Before Dark, the great new album by Neil Diamond.

At the concert tonight (at the Hollywood Bowl), ND said that thirty-five years ago he recorded an album at the Greek Theatre which became his best-known album (it is terrific), a concert at which jkt may have been one of the "Tree People"!

Neil had a couple great lines early on: while he was talking to the audience right before he began Play Me, a couple scooted past the front-rowers, trying get to their seat (this was about twenty minutes into the show), and Neil, standing not five feet from them, greeted them as they passed, saying "how you doin'? Just gettin' here? Traffic?"

Then almost immediately, a young man got up from his front row seat and started out, prompting Neil to say, "hey young fella - don't be walking in front of me while I'm singing. Just sit down and enjoy the show." He was only having sport with them, but it was funny.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little Jack Teagarden, a fellow with a voice as comfortable as an old pair of shoes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Good for you, Dougster.
I was beginning to lose respect for you there...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why I keep going back to my beloved jazz (and the fact that I love it) - I try to keep my slate fairly clean with Mr Braling!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Burgess Meredith reads Ray Bradbury. Side one is There Will Come Soft Rains. Side Two is Marionettes Inc. As far as I can tell the record was made in 1962, the year I was born. You can imagine my glee when I saw this come into the store. Our sticker price was $4.98 and with my discount it is $2.50. The l.p. itself is in mint condition and you have to know that Burgess must have been a fan of Rays to render these brilliant vital readings. Is now one of my prized possessions.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woody Guthrie..some Napalm Death...& Miles Davis

How can I smile when the world is in ravage...

Posts: 2 | Location: Inside tha Bullet | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count Basie - Do You Wanna Jump (Hep Records)

With Herschel Evans and Lester Young in 1938.

Posts: 7 | Location: Skien, Norway | Registered: 07 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leonard Cohen.

Phil, you lucky Brit - he's playing Birmingham on 22/11/2008!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Now Birmingham I COULD travel to, much closer than Edinburgh. In fact, I can get there in half an hour.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in Mr Cohen!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Unfortunately, I have no interest in Mr Cohen!

Wow!

To each his own taste, I guess.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A little Tatum plays Noble.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Out

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A lot of Leonard Cohen albums lately.

What a talent!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Cher; Halfbreed. Might be her best l.p.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post