Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The Chieftains - Various.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool!
I actually got to sing with them in a concert in Santa Cruz years ago!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I actually got to sing with them in a concert in Santa Cruz years ago!

Impressive!

Love them Chieftains.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Billy Bragg Must I Paint You a Picture?

Also, various and sundry Sinatra. Been listening to an awful lot of The Chairman lately.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thelonious Monk, Live at the It.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Diamond Home Before Dark.

Another excellent one - that's two great albums in a row now.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This one is for Mr. Bradbury: Berlioz Symphonie fantastique Marche au supplice Salonen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQs-cqQkbNo

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YouTube.

I've got a ticket to see these folks Wednesday night at the Santa Barbara Bowl.

I certainly enjoy Alison & Robert, but I'm really excited to see T Bone Burnett again. He's been my favourite songwriter for about twenty years and I have exchanged a few emails with him and he's going to have his assistant look for me at the show, so maybe I can meet the lot of them!

Enjoy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Truth - Les Mcann and the trio, saw them perform in person on the Sunset Strip in the sixties.

Also, just out on CD: Word Jazz and Son of Word Jazz - Ken Norine the absolute best voice on the planet for spoken words, and the backup jazz is great too. Try it in a darkened room and just let his voice take you for a trip. Drugs are not required.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrask! What a gem!
I own LPs of "Word Jazz", "Son Of Word Jazz", "Colors" and a few others. I believe the CD that you're referring to is called "You're Getting Better", which includes the two Word Jazz albums and some previously unreleased stuff. I tried ordering it locally without success. May get it on line or wait 'til later...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I've got a ticket to see these folks Wednesday night at the Santa Barbara Bowl.

I certainly enjoy Alison & Robert, but I'm really excited to see T Bone Burnett again. He's been my favourite songwriter for about twenty years and I have exchanged a few emails with him and he's going to have his assistant look for me at the show, so maybe I can meet the lot of them!

Holy smoke, what a show! If any of you get the "Raising Sand Revue" (as Robert called it) in your area, don't miss it - it's one of the best concerts I've been to, and the album was the best of 2007.

And you haven't really appreciated music yet until you hear their version of The Battle of Evermore. And wait til you hear Black Dog with banjo - incredible!

And T Bone Burnett is one of the nicest stars I've met. True to his word, he looked out for me, and after the show, as I was hanging around the backstage door, he came out, saw me, and asked "are you John?". "Mr Burnett!", I said, "so nice of you to meet me." He signed a couple three albums for me, then, seeing that I had brought Led Zeppelin IV (just in case), he said that Robert was just inside, but he was busy visiting with some old friends. So he took my album in, had Robert sign it for me, then brought it back out to me.

Nice man!

Check out his new album, by the way - you can listen to three songs. Doesn't Kill Zone sound just like a Roy Orbison song? In fact, I think T Bone mentioned that he wrote it for Roy, but Roy passed before he could record it. Pity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...True to his word, he looked out for me, and after the show, as I was hanging around the backstage door, he came out, saw me, and asked "are you John?". "Mr Burnett!", I said, "so nice of you to meet me."

"However, Mr Burnett, you must have mistaken me for someone else. Because my name is DOUG."

(Nearly blew your cover there, Spaulding!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dwight Sings Buck Dwight Yoakum

The music of the great Buck Owens. Real country, not that old mess they play on country radio these days.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
bob dylan-highway 61 revisited

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of his best albums.

On my turntable (actually XM radio): Theme Time Radio Hour with your host Bob Dylan. Brilliant!

Dreams, schemes, and themes.

"Live Forever!"