Ray Bradbury Forums
On the turntable?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7711095482

06 September 2007, 02:00 PM
rocket
On the turntable?
>Steve Martin, Comedy Is Not Pretty. Love the cover.

grass, I e-mailed you, are you shunning me?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
06 September 2007, 02:27 PM
Doug Spaulding
O-O-WO-O is a good word.

"Live Forever!"
06 September 2007, 02:28 PM
Doug Spaulding
Shunning is a good word.

"Live Forever!"
Doug Spaulding
Lots of good words on the site today, eh?

"Live Forever!"
Doug Spaulding
Eh is a good word.

Especially if you're Canadien (I believe that's the way they spell it).

"Live Forever!"
06 September 2007, 02:32 PM
Doug Spaulding
Thought it was pretty funny that I got this message whilst posting my flurry of postings just now:

"Your post cannot be accepted at this time, it has triggered our flood protection measures. Please try again in a few minutes."

I love it!

Shouldn't that be a semi-colon after the word "time"?

Annoying former English Majors!

"Live Forever!"
06 September 2007, 02:33 PM
Doug Spaulding
Whilst is a good word.

"Live Forever!"
06 September 2007, 05:00 PM
rocket
I would love to play Scrabble with all of you! I bet Scrabble.com has a game room we could all join and play each other with our online personas. Would that be unparalleled? "C'mon and go biplane before the buzzer." "Platzquire is not a word B-Two, I challenge that." LOL! Smiler

~Richard Betts, Highway Call.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

07 September 2007, 03:46 AM
grasstains
Robo,

No, I'd never shun my friend Robo-Rocket. I sent a reply just now. Our computer had a virus and we dumped everything. I basically started from scratch and now I don't get notified when "You have mail" and I don't get enough e-mail to check it daily.
07 September 2007, 07:21 AM
rocket
~Jean-Luc Ponty, Enigmatic Ocean

Got it, thanks.

07 September 2007, 07:40 AM
Braling II
"Platzquire"?
07 September 2007, 06:39 PM
rocket
From the slangbook of Mrs. Eunice Peterson,

Platzquire; Someone trapped among a slew or a large amount of dunderheads and simpletons. ex: "Me oh my oh, how did I ever get stuck with a class full of platzquires, you people just beat all I tell you, just wait until you get out into the real world, it's going to hit you like a Louisville Slugger upside yo head."

07 September 2007, 07:34 PM
rocket
~The Moody Blues, every good boy deserves favour

Sorry B-Two, that was no more a word than platystegosaurexvegematron is, I was just being facetious and maybe even a little flippant. My aplomb humor has once again caused me to rashly put my neck out over the basket.

07 September 2007, 07:40 PM
Braling II
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, "Whipped Cream and Other Delights"

Kenny Wheeler Quintet, "The Widow In The Window"
07 September 2007, 07:44 PM
rocket
As we speak, that album is leaning on one of my bookshelves here in my office. (Jerry, I think I felt something...)