Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
•••_________________________________________________________________•••

OOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOoOOOoooooOOOOOOOOooooOOOOO
and then there is...
http://wwwotrcat.com/otr5/beat_the_band_400407(otrcat.com).mp3
0OOOO0000oooooOOOOoooOOO0oooOOOOO000000000ooooo00000000

••___________________________________________________________________••

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard! Cool link!
Above, I thought you were quoting "the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe":
"Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh
Hey, Jim! yuh better git the rig!
Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh,
She's got a list o' passengers that's pretty big..."

Rocky, "nonesuch" was a record label (I think I mentioned this before) that put out some very interesting, even unique things in the '60s; evrything from Early Music to Avant Garde electronic things. I think they were consumed by Electra some years ago, and didn't reissue very many of the earlier LPs.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought you meant had I gotten another cache of records. I did bring about fifteen home the other day, I got another Winter Consort album, did you see above? Its not as good as the older one, you were right.

>Steppenwolf, Greatest Hits

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>David Cassidy, Rock Me Baby

Yes true, last week I brought a bunch of Partridge Family albums home. This one is a solo David l.p., on the back cover he is wearing a leather and woven Native American coat that is spectacular. I so want one. I get such a nostalgic feeling listening and looking at these sixties and seventies albums. Its not a bad album either.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Partridge Family Greatest Hits should be one of everyone's guilty pleasure cds. It's terrific. Seriously.

If anyone is looking for an incredible new disk, check out Bob Dylan's "Modern Times."

Posts: 13 | Location: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alice Cooper-Killer

posted Hide Post
My background albums right now are the new Jewel and Norah Jones albums. But for me, the classic rocks are always a good listen: Beatles, Beach Boys, Three Dog Night, Simon and Garfunkel, America, Seals and Croft, Blood Sweat and Tears, John Denver, Carly Simon, Carole King, Bee Gees, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Lobo, Cat Stevens, The Guess Who, The Association, Tommy James and the Shondells, etc. There's just something about those sounds that still moves me.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Partridge Family fan here!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"... and now the lovely Lennon-a Sisters-um..."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I identified more with the Fonze, as a perrenial rebel in life, I never watched those other family shows, but I lived American Graffitti.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lords of Flatbush good too patrask.

posted Hide Post
Rocky, did you ever listen to your Mitch Miller?
Too corny? Or did the whole family march around the living room and "sing along with Mitch"?

posted Hide Post
B-Two, No have not gotten to that as yet, but I will make a point of it soon and letcha know. I almost got it confused with Alan in Wonderland, which is funny AND musically sound.

>Elton John, 11-17-70
(lovin the vinyl, still...)

posted Hide Post
Rolling Stones, Forty Licks, Second Disc, on the iPod as I write this message.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool, greenray! i love the stones.

>listenin to sunfighter, paul kantner, grace slick.

up next, moody blues....