Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd, The Wall.

I got this today, paid eight bucks, and it skips, damnit! Still, I'm going to keep because its rare and a bargain. I remember the very first time I heard this, I was confused...

Later, Sadly, I am going to have to return as it skips way much! Frowner Listening to Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs, not a skip yet....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Syncopated Clock (and other hits) by Leroy Anderson!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday Night Fever (yes, it's sad but true)

whoops, it kinda got stuck, put on Steely Dan now.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rosemary Clooney, "70".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! She was great and quite nice on the old mirrorshades as well....

posted Hide Post
Tommy(again)

I love Ann-Margret in that. Her singing is great as well. I wonder if she has any albums, I'm sure she does but I've yet to see any at the store.

posted Hide Post
Then I have to put in a good word for Julie London.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE WALL is on my turntable, too. Listened to the side with "Comfortably Numb" and "Nobody Home". Great stuff. Music is sounding really good lately. Also had ONE STEP BEYOND by Madness on the turntable, possibly the finest album ever made... next to THE ETHEL MERMAN DISCO ALBUM - http://www.amazon.com/Ethel-Merman-Disco-Album/dp/B000084TTG .

In the Isuzu Bucket-O-Bolts, possibly the worst car ever made, I was listening to SOUND AFFECTS by The Jam and it sounded better than it has in years. When I'm depressed music doesn't sound as good, and it's sounding pretty darn good right now.

================================================

"There's only two kinds of people in the world--those who say there's only two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grass, when I lived out there in the OC, I was fortunate enough to see The Wall performed live in Feb. '79 at L.A. Sports Arena. I was at the first show and when that airplane crashes at the beginning they had pyrotechnics that caught the stage curtains on fire. That was the only show that had that giant airplane crash. Roger Waters stopped the band in midflight and they had to stop, leave the stage and put the fire out. Then they came out and finished. One of the best ever shows!

>Color Me Barbra, Streisand.

posted Hide Post
Django Reinhardt. "Ahhh, right!"

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Nuages"!!!

posted Hide Post
Django, born in a gypsy caravan!! Sooo many great tunes!

Tonight, Wes Montgomery and Lee Ritenour... as the snow continues to fall!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's jazz right? Snow on the way here too, sounds and feels like a lot is coming possibly.

Listening to Neil Young's Decade.

"Bruce Berry was a working man, he used to love that econoline..."

posted Hide Post
Jazz it was!

But, 'lo the originator played later ~ Bo Diddley..."doin' that crazy hand jive!"

posted Hide Post
The Virtuoso Recorder, From Folk Dances To Blues

Bernard Krainis, His Consort And Ensemble

(some of the songs they do were written before 1450! they can only speculate what the true tune originally sounded like.)

Later....Vivaldi, Concertos for Diverse Instruments

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,