Ray Bradbury Forums
On the turntable?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7711095482

17 January 2007, 08:05 PM
rocket
On the turntable?
What's on the turntable at the moment while your perusing RB.com. In modern phraseology, whatcha listenin to bub, er, a, or bubbette as the case may be. Tell us about it, inquiring minds want to know. If its silence or just crickets and the wind from an open window or the sound of snow falling, just put that down.

I am listening to Phoebe Snow, Second Childhood for the first time. I'm diggin it. Nice with a mellow groove.

11:30, Now, Mountain, Nantucket Sleighride.

Midnight, Joan Baez, Diamonds And Rust.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
17 January 2007, 08:26 PM
Doug Spaulding
The Second Chapter of Acts: Nightlight.

Among the most beautiful and incredible harmonies since The Beach Boys.

"Live Forever!"
17 January 2007, 10:17 PM
fjp451
Coleman Hawkins (from the Prestige Profiles).
Smmooooth ---
17 January 2007, 11:53 PM
Chapter 31
“God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys.

“…God only knows what I’d be without you…”
18 January 2007, 03:48 AM
rocket
I put on Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits. Woke up listening to Mrs. RobinsonSmiler

Beachboys are great!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

18 January 2007, 06:39 AM
WildGravity
Currently the smashing pumpkins, while I write an essay regarding the play write, Tennessee Williams

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.
18 January 2007, 07:21 AM
Braling II
Simon and Bullwinkle!

(Not really, I just love to say that.)

I'm actually listening to a local radio show.
18 January 2007, 09:09 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
“God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys.

Did I mention the writer of this most wonderful song goes to my church? Yes, I think I did.

"Live Forever!"
18 January 2007, 09:11 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I put on Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits.

Beach Boys are great!

Whilst living in Denver once upon a time, saw Paul Simon and Brian Wilson do a show together. Very nice.

Coincidentally, the year before, saw Paul and Bob Dylan do a show together. Also very nice.

"Live Forever!"
18 January 2007, 01:33 PM
dandelion
Sorry, reading and listening to music simultaneously has never been possible for me and never will.
18 January 2007, 03:41 PM
Braling II
Dandy, Same here. Now, hearing is not the same as listening; the former being what ears do, and the latter being a conscious act. Having been trained to do the latter, it is difficult to "tune things out" which is vexing sometimes; like when in a store playing "background" music, or around people who insist upon blaring their radios or stereos.
I always read in silence, especially things with dialogue!
I can sometimes do crosswords with music on, though...
18 January 2007, 03:59 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Sorry, reading and listening to music simultaneously has never been possible for me and never will.

Me too. Mind, I can peruse the internet or glance thru the newspaper with music but when I sit down to read seriously, I want silence. I even send the spouse out of the room if she's too noisy!

"Live Forever!"
18 January 2007, 06:08 PM
dandelion
I can tune out a blur of voices, but not one distinct voice, nor distinct music. The more distinct, the harder to tune out.
18 January 2007, 09:03 PM
rocket
The Best Of Bread. When I put it on I thought how good can these guys be but I immediately have recognized the first two songs. I like 'em a lot. I've heard them many times on the radio without knowing it was them. Dj's are remiss these days for not telling you who your listening to, probably takes too long and costs a few bucks too much.

19 January 2007, 12:09 PM
ravenswake
rocket, some of your earlier posts prompted me to dig out some very early Chicago. I'd forgotten how good they were, and how interesting their music is. Unfortunately, I can't read/listen at the same time; one of the two things gets ignored.