Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Beverly Ridge Pictures premiere of The Small Assassin"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beverly Ridge Pictures premiere of The Small Assassin"
 Login/Join

posted

Sorry to say THE FILM PREMIERE IS FULLY BOOKED! as of March 28, 2007.
Last minute walk-ins are out of luck!

Latest News is that they are actually overbooked. They'll be standing up in the aisle no doubt. Specifically, Best Wishes for good reviews on the Bradbury project.

Please Note:
Premiere of the Ray Bradbury film, 'The Small Assassin" on March 30th, 2007, is a Private Event,
and by INVITE only! INVITES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS OF MARCH 28, 2007

If you are in the Chicago area, and wish to attend the Beverly Ridge Pictures premiere, you must
request an INVITE. Requests can be made by email to: catchaway@comcast.net

6:00 pm . Doors open
6:30 pm . Short film collection (7 shorts)
7:30 pm . "The Small Assassin" premiere
9:00 pm . Immediately following premiere, reception

___________________________________________________________________________________.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At last! Good news! Thanks, Nard!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks like it'll be great time for all. I work downtown, just outside the Loop, at the time of the event, but will try my best to get away for awhile to attend.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
Wink ur al ma besterest frnds eva

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there! Looks like it'll be great fun.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you where I want to go - to this all night Ray Bradbury-thon Teh keep speaking of!

gobbledegook!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand DVD's of The Small Assassin will be available, likely sometime after the initial showing. It'll be interesting to find out if Beverly Ridge Pictures has any other Bradbury projects planned.

posted Hide Post
Speaking of DVDs... Disney released The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit on DVD last October 2006. I had been waiting for it to show up on store shelves...to no avail. Turns out that Disney makes it available ONLY to Disney Movie Club members. They call it a DMC Exclusive and went on to say that these are never released to the general public. To add insult to injury even if you are a member it is not listed on their website, you have to know to call their member phone line to order it. I ordered two copies, one for me and one to give to Ray just in case they have not done him the courtesy of sending him one.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(*sigh*) Where's Walt?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

.... Please read the INITIAL posting in this forum pertaining to seeing
Ray Bradbury's 'The Small Assassin'. It is by INVITE ONLY! .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing a review of The Small Assassin showing in Chicago this weekend. Hope there's someone out there that can supply us some news.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....'THE SMALL ASSASSIN PREMIERE'
SORRY! TICKET INVITES ARE ALL GONE as of March 28th, 2007
.......For those who are able to get in, appreciate a review of the movie if you have the opportunity.

posted Hide Post
....... I talked by phone with a fellow who attended the film, 'The Small Assassin'. He said the movie was great, a 35 minute drama cut to that length in order to qualify for many film festivals. A small auditorium at the The Chase Towers, in downtown Chicago, held its capacity, about 400 people, and a large number were actually turned away because the invites for the event were all grabbed up earlier in the week and even names on the original list had to be dropped. Beverly Ridge pictures also has several other, shorter films presented.

....... Chris Charles, the film director, has already sent a DVD to Ray Bradbury. A food feast was given on the 50-something floor of the building, and, from the info, was absolutely scumptious.

....... Hopefully, DVD's of the films may soon become available to those wishing to see what "The Small Assassin" ultimately looked like.