Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray's Health

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Health
 Login/Join

posted
I spoke with Ray last week and he mentioned that he had just gotten out of the hospital where he had been for a week. When I asked what ailment got him there he said "six or seven, do you want a list?" His voice wasn't as strong sounding as it usually is. But he is always so upbeat telling me about the new collection of stories coming out next week. He also mentioned that post-production on A Sound of Thunder was completed and that the film will be out in October.

He is going to be 84 in August and his spirit is strong. We can call hope for his continued good health.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 06-28-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I am a collector of books by and about Ray Bradbury, reading your email and noting your user name as biplane1, may I ask if you might be the author of "Biplane" - prelude by Ray Bradbury 1966? I own a copy and very much enjoyed reading it and I recommend it to any one interested in flying and prose.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, that is Richard Bach. But it was through Richard that I got to meet Ray way back in 1967. I am an avid aviation nut and like to fly in biplanes.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What new collection?

Posts: 194 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by From Greentown Illinois:
What new collection?

The Cat's Pajamas!

http://www.amazon.com/exec /obidos/tg/detail/-/006058565X/qid=1088616078/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/103-4985333-4145420?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

[This message has been edited by Andrew (edited 06-30-2004).]

Posts: 54 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
No, that is Richard Bach. But it was through Richard that I got to meet Ray way back in 1967. I am an avid aviation nut and like to fly in biplanes.

I am going to take a ride in a biplane soon, they fly out of Carlsbad airport. I have always wanted to do this, as my Father told me he had done this in the '20s in an old barnstormer, upside down and all. I wanted to race cars but never got he chance. I did build and drive a 289 FIA Cobra on the track. I called it "The Other Woman", but my wife finally had enough and The Other Woman got sold.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the rare privilege or flying with both Richard Bach in his 1929 Detroit Parks biplane and in his son Robert's 1928 Travel Air with both doing aerobatics. You will love the experience.