Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Noteworthy People that were Influenced by Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noteworthy People that were Influenced by Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
'''Important People that were Influenced by Ray Bradbury'''

I think something like this was started way back ago. So far back that I dare not start looking lest I find nothing but more 'long ago'. So, I'm starting this one right here, right now, with the following post:
http://www.margaretgeorge.com/faq/faq.asp

Scroll down to the question of her favorite author.

(If anyone comes up with new ones, please Post it Here! Thanks)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a great article, Nard. I am going to use the quote by Ray in my upcoming writing unit on personal narratives. I use his books and his quotes often in my writing units. I am not familiar with any work this author has done, but now you have made me want to read her work. Thanks.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we need to give citations to prove our claims, or can we just name names? Here are two:

Carl Sagan
Harlan Ellison

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Weller will be including quotes from as many living famous people as will fit in his upcoming biography of Ray, and I have urged him to include quotes from deceased notable persons as well.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clive Barker (wrote the afterword for Dark Carnival Re-Release)

Stephen King (I remember a short story called "Here there be tygers" written by him)

Henning

Posts: 4 | Location: Dortmund, Germany | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post