Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Do anything creative?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do anything creative?
 Login/Join

posted
Just a topic starter. Do any of you do anything creative? If so, care to explain? I'd love to know!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WG, if you poke around the archives, you'll find that many of us "regulars" are writers, singers, musicians, actors... I, myself possess many unmarketable talents. Some of the posts, too, in my opinion, could be described as very creative!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm learning to master the art of raising two responsible, good-natured, well-behaved children while still making sure they get their fun on, all the while trying to cause as little permanent damage to their psyche as possible. That takes creativity, and restraint.

I also write songs.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write screenplays and make films.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling- I wasnt assuming people wernt creative, I was just wondering what they did. I'm new here

And I dont feel like reading over old posts that I don't intend on responding too.

Grassstains- and a wonderful artform at that!

Doug - Thats very interesting! I'm studying the art of film making as well.. mostly the writing aspect. I'm working on a few screen plays currently. I also dabble in other forms of writing and photography.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK then. I design semiconductor equipment (my inadequate banausic activity), play jazz bass(bass viol, that is, not bass guitar), do some portraits (mostly ink), sing in 2 choirs, and cook (mostly basic things, but also, seasonally, blackberry pies and even fattigmand), and I can whistle almost anything!
See what I mean about "nonmarketable"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats interesting, all very creative. I used to do alot of portraits in ink as well, they were generally abstract doodles of people. Nothing of great consequence. I play bass.. but its a bass guitar, and I'm not very good. Thats pretty pathetic of me, I'm afraid, hence why I didnt list it earlier.

posted Hide Post
Well I was going to attach a portrait I did, but it's nearly 4 MB, so it exceeds the limit.
Anyone know how to get around this? Maybe change from a .tif to a .jpg?

posted Hide Post
I'm not really sure, you could always just resize it in paint.

posted Hide Post
Braling II,
Make a LOW RES .JPG copy. That should be usable.

WildGravity,
Great question. As for me, I am talent free (although there were leanings once towards graphic arts and also music), but am impressed by those here who do have something going on.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, can't figure out how to do that with the programs I have...

posted Hide Post
Braling II,
I’ll show how I do it with Adobe Photo Deluxe and maybe you can find a way to simulate it on your system. (This is almost like reverse engineering a NASA flight problem).

I’ll use a slash (/) to separate the things to do:

Adobe Photo Deluxe/GET PHOTO/ OPEN FILE(The photo you want to change)

Now the photo should be on the screen and you want to save it back out as a low resolution .jpg file.

Click FILE at upper left corner/ EXPORT/ FILE FORMAT/ JPEG/ SAVE/ OPTIONS/ at IMAGE QUALITY choose LOW and click OK.

Done.

Tick, Tick, Tick…

Hope this helps.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bit of screenwriting, bit of film-making. Used to dabble on keyboards and guitar, but haven't touched either for a few years. (The skin on my fretting fingers has gone soft.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Still too big. Oh, well.

posted Hide Post
I used to be a self employed drywaller/painter. I gave it up after 14 years last May because my knees and back were going(where, I have no clue), and I was suffering from intense job burnout and stress. Needless to say, I was a bear to live with. One day, I was in my favorite bookstore and on a whim I put in an application, not knowing that they had an ad in the paper and were looking for full time help. They hired me, and it is like I have been reborn. I am a joy to be with(I know, I'm never conceited) and believe me when I say, my wife and kids appreciate the change. Only making a fraction of what I did in dollars, but the worth of my mental state to me and my family far surpasses that. I absolutely love art and if I had it all to do over, I would have pursued a field in art. That aside, whenever I can create, I do, either solo or with my kids. I try and utilize as many mediums as I can. Never afraid to try something new or exciting. I have blown glass, knot tying, jewelry, necklaces, pen and ink, tye-dyes, mobiles, painting, rock sculpting, snow flake arranging(ok, now I'm just being silly). You get the point, I'm sure.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post