Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Do anything creative?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do anything creative?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Blah, probably not Dandelion. I'm not feeling well, I think I've come down with the flu Frowner tell me how it is though

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon! I will let you know how your indisposition is all President Bush's fault due to his ravages on the environment.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet he's the one who caused this wart on the bottom of my foot, too.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the Government Flu....

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its more of a communist flu..

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write, draw and paint and have been doing so since a child. You can see my works come together on my website in the form of an e-zine called If - E - Zine: The Free Online Magazine of Thrilling Speculative Fiction! I'd love to have you and some of our fellow forum members stop by to check it out. It's all free, so I'm hoping this won't be taken as a promotional moment from me. I just like to draw, write and paint.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad, WildGravity, you missed a GREAT talk! He was in L. A. the previous day, so those of you in that area missed a great talk too. So you better get ready, he may be comin' to your town! (Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a speaking schedule for him online--I learned of it through just a tiny newspaper item.)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its been a tough time here, Dandelion. The flu and other complications have left me high and dry for alot of occasions.
Recently... actually it was yesterday... a girl that was very near and dear to my sister died in a horrific accident. She was hit by a semi. It was on the front page of the UB yesterday. My sister is really torn up about it.

posted Hide Post
WG ~ Thoughts across time and distances to all of those near to your sister who have been saddened by such a devastating occurrence!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy. I caught the "Monkees" theme reference!

...for what that's worth!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity, I heard about the accident too and am sorry your sister was so close to the victim. (Sorry that she'll miss her, of course--not that she knew her.)

Braling II, great catch!

posted Hide Post
its alright dandelion, My sister is recovering, so am I, she will be sorely missed, by alot of people.

posted Hide Post
Returning (sort of) to the Creativity topic, here's what most folks come up with as the answers to the quix I posted under "Legacy"/"Ruled Paper" :
Orange Kangaroos in Denmark!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's insane! Crazy, but I got Purple Duck-Billed-Platypus's in Tralfamadore, I must have done it wrong! Frowner

Seriously, I am truly astounded because I got exactly what you said! I thought it was a trick like "how do you say the capital of Ky." Excellent!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, That's what most folks come up with as answers.
I do know one guy who came up with "Dahomey", "Yak", and "Khaki", but if you knew him you wouldn't be surprised...

I'll explain how it works after a few more folks have had fun with it!