Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Do anything creative?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do anything creative?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Braling II, if you email the portrait to me, I can convert it and upload it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Now I feel dumb. I can't seem to find your address either on your site or your profile....?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can use this one: rbboards@bradburymedia.co.uk

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I collect miniatures of various kinds and do dioramas. One will be pictured in an upcoming book I will let you know when it's out. Others, I will post photos online and give links when I have them exactly as I want them.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Dandelion! Dioramas are really cool and underrated like topiaries. I was in the mall yesterday buying a cache of watches and couldn't help noticing a giant indoor elephant topiary which was situated in the middle of a really artlike fountain. The shallow pool of the fountain is about 10 meters wide and kids can push buttons on a console to make a myriad of little founts burst forth in any combination or rhythm of their choice. Its really a magical innovative thing to try even if your an adult and want to cause a rumpus. Plus an added bonus is that you can throw money into it senselessly. Anyway, I have helped make dioramas for my kids projects and they are better at it than I sad to say.Frowner

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion - Since you live close to Walla Walla, have you been to the 'Museum of unnatural history' yet? Wonderful stuff!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Museum of unnatural history

I wanna go!

http://www.unmuseum.org/unmain.htm

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha, its one artists collection of pop art... low brow stuff, still very clever.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for calling my attention to this. http://whitmanpioneer.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/museum-o...l-view-of-the-world/ It could give me all kinds of ideas!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Braling II wrote:
Well I was going to attach a portrait I did...

Well, here is Braling II's portrait. With any luck he will be here shortly to tell us more!

- Phil

ImageWoody_Shaw_b_w.JPG (174 Kb, 15 downloads) Braling II's artwork

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Thanks for calling my attention to this. http://whitmanpioneer.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/museum-o...l-view-of-the-world/ It could give me all kinds of ideas!

The man who works there allows photos to be taken. friends of mine all used to take photos in there, at one point we were to create a book featuring his work. we will probably pick up that project again this summer

posted Hide Post
Speaking of low brow art

Fun with a camera I bought in a junk shop!

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil!
That one came through pretty well.
I have many others, mostly pointillism in ink, and some pencil renderings; but I've only scanned a few.
Pointillism is a bit tricky and time-consuming. Unfortunately, nowadays it's not as appreciated though, because there are computer programs that can manipulate a photo to look similar; and one doesn't need much artistic talent or discipline to pull it off!

posted Hide Post
Wow, Braling, I am stunned. Your artwork is stunningly marvelous! Thanks for sharing Curly!
I'd like to see more.

WildG, thats disturbing on some level I can't quite put my finger on. It looks very alien, even Martian. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Who is it???

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post