Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Update

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update
 Login/Join

posted
Just in time for Mr B's 85th birthday, I have updated my website. Please drop by at http://www.bradburymedia.co.uk to see new reviews of "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" and "There Will Come Soft Rains".

Happy birthday, Mr B!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic,

Your website, as always, is wonderful. So, are you saying that there is a real chance that the Ray Bradbury Theatre might be revived on the USA Network?! I've only seen a few broadcasts in the past, and would "live" to see the whole series again.

Great photos. I don't have the capacity to download your film, but maybe someday there will be affordable DVDs with the entire RB Theatre on them (if there isn't already).

Thanks again.

Lake

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, the Lake,

no, the stuff about USA Network is referring to when the show WAS revived in 1988 after it was dropped by HBO! You can get the whole series of Ray Bradbury Theater on DVD - I got the whole set for a ridiculously low price (don't ask me how low, because I can't remember!). (The downloadable clip isn't from RBT, by the way.)

[I have now removed the link for the downloadable film. If anyone is curious about it, email me.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lake

In regard to the Ray Bradbury Theatre being on DVD, there is a very nice boxed set with all 65 episodes for (I think) $29.95 at Best Buy, or at least that is where I got mine. When I mentioned this to Ray last fall he was happy they were available and he mentioned that he was thinking of getting a bunch to have as holiday gifts.

In fact I was watching a couple of shows last evening. The only comment on a negative note is that sometimes when there is movement of any kind in the scene, the pixilation is very apparent. But this is momentary and does not detract from the essence of the shows.

They are great and I would recommend them to anyone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I can afford the collection at that price.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine for that price at Best Buy, also. Very nice to own, although, as discussed on another thread here, some of us felt the video quality was inferior -- pixalation in spots. Not enought that I regret buying it, but it did diminish the enjoyment of watching some of them.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post