Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for a particular story, can't remember the name

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a particular story, can't remember the name
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

This is my first post. I've been a Ray Bradbury fan ever since I was 13, when I picked up Fahrenheit 451 after it was referenced in some other young adult book I had read. I'm 30 now, and as part of a book club for gay literature, I'm putting together a collection of stories from Ray.

The one I'm looking for is a story in which a man who grows up in a deaf home, so he can read lips, goes to a restaurant and witnesses a boy coming out to his parents. Does anyone know the name of this story?

I have many others also, like Better Part of Wisdom and Tangerine (my favorite and the inspiration for this project.) But if you all wouldn't mind chiming in with other stories that have to do with gay or lesbian characters, I would very much appreciate it.

Keith

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SappySwami:

The one I'm looking for is a story in which a man who grows up in a deaf home, so he can read lips, goes to a restaurant and witnesses a boy coming out to his parents. Does anyone know the name of this story?

Welcome Keith, the story you are looking for is "My Son, Max", found in the collection ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD. I think you would appreciate the stories "We'll Always Have Paris", found in WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS, and perhaps, "Long After Midnight", found in LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Also you might enjoy this interview with Ray Bradbury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2V629nVYHY

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post