Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Terrance Shank and The Ray Bradbury Festival

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terrance Shank and The Ray Bradbury Festival
 Login/Join

posted
I just spoke with the sister-in-law of Terrance Shank, who has directed Ray's plays in LA and is now located in Mt.Dora, Florida.

The 2005 Festival had to be postponed last year due to a lack of stages on which Ray's plays could be produced. When I spoke to Terrance then he jokingly told Ray that he would have to hold on for at least one more year as he is hoping to have Ray at the Festival.

His sister-in-law said that he is in South Africa and is not quite sure what he is doing there or when he will return.

I will email him to see what I might be to find out.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck, biplane1. I have emailed him in the past with no response. When he first put up the website for the festival, I was seriously considering planning a trip to Florida to take in some of the plays. I'm glad I held back as it would have been a wasted trip. (Well, not entirely - I love Florida!)

I can't find the website now - I hope it has been taken down.

I would love to see a Bradbury drama festival, and Mr Shank is undoubtedly one of the best qualified people to run it. I just hope he can pull it together for real in the near future.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it comes to be, what a party we could have. We would need Mr. B there, of course. I would even postpone my trip to see the big ball of twine and head down South for sure!

If only we could get "this ball rolling!"

Keep us up to date MC!! Great exchange the other night.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir
I have been trying to locate Terry Shank since his Bradbury productions in LA. My sister met him there and he sent me some personal messages on posters of the productions. We were friends and classmates at Sarasota High School. As of this post of yours it looks like he has a theater of some sort at Mt. Dora. Is that correct and do you have an address or phone number.
Thanks
Joseph Haley
Tallahassee Fl

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joecomet, I have several phone numbers, one of which is his sister's who I last spoke with. Terrance had just been home visiting and has returned to South Africa where he is involved in play production there.

Give me a call at (954) 579-0003 when you can.

Also, Wild Gravity, give me a call when you can as I have some information for you as well.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post