Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    How can I find out about RB book signing events?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How can I find out about RB book signing events?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

This is my first post. I once met RB in Austin at a book-signing event. Anyway, does anyone know how I can find out if he has any other such event scheduled in the future? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an orderly world, you'd sign up for the newsletter from this site and check the upcoming events on this site. Alas, in *this* world, about all you can do is check the message board, where you can find out in time--IF you happen to live in Southern California and IF your schedule is such that you can drop everything for events learned of only a day or so in advance!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live in California. I was hoping to catch him in another nationwide book-signing tour like he did with "Quicker than the eye".

Otherwise, if I send him my book (through his publisher) along with a stamped envelope, do you think he would sign it? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have *absolute* certainty that Ray would sign it, but the sun may not rise tomorrow, either!

Posts: 22 | Location: San Pedro, CA | Registered: 05 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, ideally you would be able to find out on this site's "author appearances" section, but since Ray has made at *least* six appearances (probably more like a dozen) since the October 31st appearance they have listed, and since this site is never updated, your best bet is what Dandelion said.

Good luck,

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has always been very kind to sign any books that I have sent to him. Most recently I included postage-paid Priority Mail packaging. Although, in the past, he has sent things back in his own envelopes with illustrations on the outside. Precious. On a copy of F-451 (paperback) for my daughter Cathy, he did a neat illustration on the inside cover of flames.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post