Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    How Many Famous People?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Famous People?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Biplane 1, at one time my Grandparents owned a half acre up by Sundance ( Timphaven ) Mr Redfords ski resort. My Mother, and I went to a property owners meeting. After the meeting in one of his screening rooms, he came in with a big grin, and said we were going to see an X rated movie! this cleaned out only some of the prudish locals, but my Mom, and I stayed, and watched the film. After
Mr Redford was walking down to the lodge with two Blonds on both of his side. At that point I thanked him for the Movie, and he said I am Glad you liked it. I had worked at Sundance also as a ski instructor, and had seen Mr Redford as he ran around the indoor track at the Smith Field House at Brigham Young University. He was a local hero, but accessable also.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks as if no one has counted Larry Wilcox yet. Also, what about all the actors on "Something Wicked This Way Comes"? At least several of them are famous.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, when did you meet Jason Robards? I am not familiar with Larry Wilcox!? Ray did work with John Huston, and I am sure he met Gregory Peck. On Moby Dick.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this listing may be futile. Thru the long years, who hasn't Ray met?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Ray met Bernard Herrmann, and did anyone mention Marlene Dietrich?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, mention of Bernard Herrman reminds me we should add Jerry Goldsmith.

Actors from Something Wicked should include Jason Robards, Jonathan Pryce and Royal Dano.

libRArY, you may be right about this listing being futile. Perhaps we should start a list of people Ray hasn't met. In which case, I'd like to go at the top of the list!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never said I met Jason Robards, I said Ray did. I also never met Rod Serling or William F. Nolan, but Ray did.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You also never met Braling II, but Ray did!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Joe Namath once. Oh and once we met Fernando Lamos on Catalina Island. Not to be confused with Fantasy...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by biplane1:
and, if I remember correctly, George Bernard Shaw.QUOTE]

From Ray's interview by Gavin Grant (2001)
as published by Booksense.com:

"Given a chance to meet anyone, who would you want to meet?

I think George Bernard Shaw. He's incredibly talented and a brilliant man and I think the best playwright of the 20th century."

Captain Wilder, Fourth Expedition

Posts: 21 | Registered: 28 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following people Ray has definitely NOT met.

Valccio Motosenerious
Napoleon
Wilbur Wright
Zego Pasco
Paul the Apostle

But he has met:
Mikhail Gorbachev
Ringo Starr
Jack Lemon

...and the list goes on....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, I am sorry about the Robards implication. I think Ray met an Art historian, by the name of Berence in Paris.

posted Hide Post
Ray met Ringo?

posted Hide Post
Hey, this thread is now so long that it's difficult to remember who we have and haven't mentioned. Anyway, uncle A.G., the art historian was Berenson - I mentioned him earlier I believe.

Just remembered another one: Christopher Lee, whose autobiography briefly mentions going into Ray's basement office in the 1960s.

I assume Ray also met the actor Harold Gould, who appeared in stage and TV versions of To The Chicago Abyss.

And in all the times Ray visited Disneyland, Epcot and Disneyland Paris he MUST have have met Mickey - not to mention Minnie - Mouse.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With regards to Ringo, Ray tells the story of taking his daughters to a David Bowie concert when his children were teenagers. After the concert, Ray was invited to go backstage and meet Bowie. When he and his daughters arrived at Bowie's dressing room backstage, Ringo Starr was there as well. According to Ray, Ringo cried out, "My God, it's Ray Bradbury!" and hurried across the room to meet Ray, stumbling over a chair in the process. Bowie hurried over to greet Ray as well. Ray says that at that point his daughters looked at each other and him as though thinking, "Hey, maybe our father is pretty cool after all."

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post