Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Uncollected Volume 3
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncollected Volume 3
 Login/Join

posted
Hello!

I am working on the third edition of my Blurb book series, "Uncollected Bradbury"

Because "The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury: A Critical Edition" included so many of the stories I have spent years tracking down, my third book is looking quite anemic. I only have the following stories:

The Blue Flag of John Folk
Haunted House
Lorelei of the Red Mist

To help fill this book I am including stories that can be found in uncommon or rare publications.

But I wanted to reach out to this community so see if any of you would be willing to share a photo or scan of these stories:

from The Cat's Pajamas: Stories + 5:
About Face
Austin and Justin: the Twins of Time
Remembrance at Gettysburg
Underfoot

from Dawn to Dusk:
The Tattooed Man
You Must Never Touch the Cage

from The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition:
Dead of Summer
The Disease
Jemima True
The Marriage
Martian Ghosts
They All Had Grandfathers
The Wheel

I have photocopies of rare stories that have yet to be collected in my previous 2 books that I would be happy to mail to you in recompense.

My books are for my own personal use. It is a lifelong interest and love of Bradbury that drives me to collect these uncommon treasures.

Thanks for reading!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... I had to try. I suppose I would protect these stories like Fort Knox too.

Big Grin

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some of those stories, and would be willing to share... it's just a matter of having the time to do it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you both have "And Watch the Fountains," "Lazarus Come Forth," "Rocket Skin," and "Payment in Full"?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I have some of those stories, and would be willing to share... it's just a matter of having the time to do it.

Hi Phil - thank you for responding and for your willingness to share! I understand the lack of time... feel free to reach out here or to djmonolith@yahoo.com whenever and if-ever time gives a bit back! Big Grin Also, let me know if you are interested in reading something you "might" not have!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Do you both have "And Watch the Fountains," "Lazarus Come Forth," "Rocket Skin," and "Payment in Full"?

Hey dandelion... I do have these stories. I have the original Pulp magazine publications with the exception of "Rocket Skin" - I have this story in an anthology by William F. Nolan titled Man Against Tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
OK, are you ready for this? The list of stories for vol 2, covering just ONE YEAR of Ray's output as a writer (1943-44)...

I had quite a bit to say about it, so I put it on my blog. Here's a direct link:

http://bradburymedia.blogspot....-stories-of-ray.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot! Could you tell us, which stories were written in 1943 and which ones in 1944?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And there it is: "Autopsy" or "Killer, Come Back to Me!" This sneaky story has managed to elude me for some time.

Besides the uncommon titles, reading the original manuscript versions of these stories is always a thrill.

I can only imagine the time it takes to compile a volume of this quality. September, 2014 is a few months away but I am already very excited about this edition!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
OK, are you ready for this?

Thank you so much for posting this list!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhail:
Thanks a lot! Could you tell us, which stories were written in 1943 and which ones in 1944?

Hi Mikhail. For that level of detail, you will have to read the book I'm afraid!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
For that level of detail, you will have to read the book I'm afraid!

Definitely! Meanwhile I'll re-read Volume 1. Wink

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhail:
quote:
For that level of detail, you will have to read the book I'm afraid!

Definitely! Meanwhile I'll re-read Volume 1. Wink

If you read it slowly and carefully you MIGHT finish by September, 2014... ha ha!!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I found an unauthorised copy of "Austen and Jausten: The Twins of Time" on the internet. Just google it.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
I found an unauthorised copy of "Austen and Jausten: The Twins of Time" on the internet...

Just one of many RB stories in circulation without permission.

- Phil