Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Production of Something Wicked

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Production of Something Wicked
 Login/Join

posted
For those of you in the Evanston, Illinois area this weekend, the Actors Gymnasium, a local group that teaches the circus arts and performs what it calls "circus theater", is putting on a new production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. It will likely be a more physical, and somewhat different, production of Ray's story. A link to the group's website, with performance and ticket information, is attached below.

http://www.actorsgymnasium.com/now-playing.htm

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard! Haven't seen you since Glendale!

Thanks for the notification of this production, which I wasn't aware of. If you spy any reviews or other local press coverage of the production, please post links.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, given there are only three performances by a small local group, I tend to doubt there will be any media reviews but if I see one, I will post it.

I went to the matinee of the production yesterday, and enjoyed it very much. The players were young people, ranging in age from elementary school to high school, all of whom are studying the circus arts such as trapeze, high wire, juggling, acrobatic gymnastics, and stilt walking. These physical elements were incorporated into the production. Any minor shortcomings in acting ability were far outweighed by the sheer enthusiasm, energy and joy of performing of the kids involved.

I think Ray would have loved the production and been very proud of these youngsters.

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you Phil! I've tried to leave a message on your site but it didn't allow me to.

Posts: 30 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi blue bottle,

I'm here!

You can leave a message by using the POST COMMENT facility on my blog. (The comment will NOT be visible, because it comes to me for approval before being published.)

Alternatively, you can email me at:

phil at bradburymedia dot co dot uk

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 30 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post