Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Poems

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Poems
 Login/Join

posted
Hi I'm looking for some help on finding Bradbury's poems...i have searched every possible wesbsite i could find...but have not been able to get any of his poems...i searched my local libraries and book stores...i can't find the books because they are either out of print of not yet released...my friend was able to find one poem online and that's what im trying to do..if anyone can help me with this i would really appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!
Much Love!

~Michele~

Posts: 1 | Location: White Oak,PA, USA | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The public library should always be your first line of action. I discovered his poetry there years ago. Also, try http//:www.salmonpoetry.com for his latest book of poetry, I Live By The Invisible, that is now available.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concur -- asking for assistance at libraries should help you reach your objective.

Bradbury's poetry books are usually harder to find than his novels and story collections; I may be wrong, but I believe they are all out of print.

You know, out of curiosity, I did some looking around on the internet as well and had the same luck (or lack of) as you, hula. But then again, I am a purist when it comes to reading Bradbury's works, and prefer to experience them from actual books you can actually hold in your hands.

You also may want to consider checking out some used bookstores; I have seen his poetry volumes in the really good used shops. Try to avoid the used bookstores that seem to cater to simply grocery store paperbacks, though. Perhaps you have a friend who knows of the more eclectic shops that specialize in harder to find books.

Good luck!

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been that good lately on getting to the correct websites with web names that work.
But try this one below...
It lists, among others stuff, probably all of the titles of Ray's poetry. But it also tells you which ones appeared originally in other publications, for instance magazines or newspapers, with names and dates. So maybe you can try finding some of the original publications if you can't find the books. Hmm, but that maybe sounds just as difficult...
contento.best.vwh.net/s39.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"They Have Not Seen the Stars," the complete volume of Ray B's collected poetry, is already being sold on ebay direct from the publisher. It should also be available on Amazon.com for purchase in the next week or two, if it isn't already. The volume contains OVER 400 POEMS! I believe it's 29.95.

Hope this helps!

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my long-awaited copies of Ray Bradbury's newest poetry collection, I Live By The Invisible (new and selected poems), in the post today!! The cover is remarkable. So far my favourites are "To Ireland...","I Always Carry The Invisible,"The Woman on the Lawn," and "I Have Endured Much To Reach This Place." I order my copies from http://www.salmonpoetry.com, but I've seen where you can order from amazon.com as well.
This is his first collection put out by an Irish publisher, as far as I know.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post