Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Pleasantville, Bradbury and positid morality
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pleasantville, Bradbury and positid morality
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
pterran:

Idiots the world over make do and create wonderful things...
I was shocked and bothered when I first saw 'Amadeus', the movie. How could a obnoxious goof be laden with great talent? And what the heck is he doing with it.? Sounds like some of us, unfortunately.

History is full of great surprises.
I'll tell you one contemporary item that would be a big surprise. If Hugh Hefner accepted Christ as his Saviour and did great things, now not premeditated by his own soul. I mention this because I heard the last few minutes of the Hefner story on 'Biography', a cable program. And I saw something there. [This is purely personal craziness, perhaps]. But I saw a man who is being slapped awake. Don't know what may happen in the future.
The classic example is Paul the apostle, who was responsible for throwing Christian families, even, into the arenas and death. It took Paul (previously known as Saul) nearly 10 years to come to his senses after being thrown off his horse by God, and even mnore years for people to finally come around and believe what had actually happend to the man inside....
My point is...the arts are full of surprises...big ones...I think something is tearing at the soul of comic Jim Carey as well....You probably could make a very long list.....
Ray... I don't think he will ever change. C.S.Lewis changed late in life, but that is pretty rare....Hustler publisher Larry Flynt says, outright, that he destroyed the Holy Spirit by totally ignoring the 'voice."

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post