Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HUGE QUESTION!!!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE QUESTION!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I'm doing a research paper for my english class about symbolism in Fahreheit 451. I need some more citeable (is that a word? Hehehe.... I made up a new one!) sources.... can anyone point me in a direction???

Thanks tons!

~Kris

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, If you go to the salon article under articles and press on this website, they discuss alot of symbolism of that book. (Its calls Ray Bradbury is on Fire!) Also, if you look at some of the interviews, Ray himself comments on the symbolism. You might try looking up who invented the Walkman (For Sony), cuz he got the idea from the Seashell Radios in F451. Good Luck!!!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 26 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not really sure if you are looking for symbolism within the book, or symbolysm about the fastrack of society, but the Mechanical Hound kind of hinted at the falling of Montag out of the machine-ruled society early in the book, which is then fulfilled when he is tracked down by another Mechanical Hound. Ray has always said that he was trying to prevent the future, not predict it, which is an irony in itself, due to the accuracy of the book over fifty years after its first printing. Years and years before the invention of flatscreen TVs, Portable headphone radios, lists of books that are banned in schools (which ironically contained F451), interactive Television, and the attacking nature of the press, Mr. Bradbury was explaining it in his books. I am not sure if this will help, or maybe it is even too late, but i thought I'd give it a shot. Let me know how you did!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 26 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post