Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury Collection from Gauntlet Press

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury Collection from Gauntlet Press
 Login/Join

posted
I received an e-mail from Gauntlet Press early this morning, announcing their forthcoming new Bradbury collection for 2009, BULLET TRICK. Here are the details:

"We are pleased to announce our 2009 Ray Bradbury title, BULLET TRICK, a collection of previously unpublished material. Donn Albright, the book’s editor offers this description:

Bullet Trick contains 5 never before published teleplays (original stories that were not based on previously written stories), written by Ray Bradbury, that appeared on TV from 1955 through 1963. With the exception of the 1959 Steve Canyon production the other 4 teleplays deal with fear and paranoia. A feeling of dark gloom and hopelessness hovers over “The Jail” and “Dial Double Zero.” “Bullet Trick” deals with the age old problem of an unhappy marriage and infidelity. “Tunnel to Yesterday” deals with the paranoia and fear of a war long gone.

Bradbury wrote three scripts for the original Twilight Zone, adapted from previously published Bradbury yarns. Only “I Sing the Body Electric” (appearing only in the lettered edition) was actually produced for the original Twilight Zone series. “Here There Be Tygers” and “A Miracle of Rare Devices” were never produced. All three appear in this collection.

Finally, the book contains two prose adaptations Bradbury wrote after he wrote the screenplays. Both “Bullet Trick” and “Hand In Glove” (“The Jail”) are far different than the teleplays.

The book is scheduled for a Halloween 2009 release. Ray Bradbury is beginning to sign tipsheets. We’ll have pricing information up before the end of the year and pre-ordering will begin in January. The lettered edition of our two most recent Bradbury books (Somewhere A Band Is Playing and Masks) sold out prior to publication."

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This offers some insights into the TZ intended stories (never filmed) that have been discussed here from time to time over the years!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news! This book is exactly what I've been hoping for! (Fingers crossed for a minimal set of typos and transcription errors...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is the book Donn was telling me about as he scoured Ray's garage a few weeks ago.

I think I may have mentioned it somewhere on here.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello... it has been quite a while since I checked the boards here. Glad I did. My head is swimming with all the books that are scheduled for publication. My interest in unpublished and uncollected Bradbury shorts has been re-ingnited by this news!!!

Thanks to this board, I just purchased a copy of Skeletons (which includes the 1945 Script story).

I can't wait to catch up on all the good news.

Thanks all!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a brief note to mention that Gauntlet Press is now taking advance orders for BULLET TRICK. Here is a link to Gauntlet's website:

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perl...k&ORDER_ID=325692586

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
This is a brief note to mention that Gauntlet Press is now taking advance orders for BULLET TRICK. Here is a link to Gauntlet's website:

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perl...k&ORDER_ID=325692586

If you do not get into the queue soon you may need a Hat Trick to get a copy of Bullet Trick. (groans permitted)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
..."We are pleased to announce our 2009 Ray Bradbury title, BULLET TRICK, a collection of previously unpublished material...With the exception of the 1959 Steve Canyon production the other 4 teleplays deal with fear and paranoia...

Bradbury's STEVE CANYON episode is coming soon on DVD! See bradburymedia.co.uk!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, I noticed the following sentence on your website with respect to this episode of the STEVE CANYON TV series: "It is possible that the episode [of Steve Canyon] is based on Bradbury's short story of the same title (first published in Esquire, December 1952; collected in A Medicine for Melancholy/The Day it Rained Forever), but this is unconfirmed."

I have a copy of the script for this episode of the STEVE CANYON television series, and I can confirm that it is indeed based upon Ray's short story of the same name that first appeared in Esquire back in 1952.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the confirmation, Richard! I haven't yet seen the episode or the script, hence the disclaimer. I will correct the page as soon as I can.

- Phil