Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What would you ask Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you ask Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
I want to know if you were a reporter what would you ask Ray Bradbury about his books?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never read a Ray Bradbury novel. A couple of months ago I bought my father a Louis L'Amour book to take to a convention. He called me and said the first part of the book was "different". Well - up until pate 89 the book is a Ray Bradbury novel - I think the Alien Chronicals - it stops in midword and becomes the Louis L'Amour book in midword. Crazy stuff - I guess I would ask him do you often share books with Louis L'Amour?

Posts: 1 | Location: Belfast,Maine USA | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously a binding mistake at the printer's but that one is a first here.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm!
Put it on ebay and find a buyer who is crazy about both authors and collects strange books....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to ask Mr. Bradbury if anyone has ever taken any of his stories and used them without letting him know about it.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things like those are worth serious money. I suggest you call someone who deals with old books.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's stories have been ripped off so often he doesn't even acknowledge it anymore except in special cases.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a rare bookseller for over a decade, and I can tell you that something like this is actually damaged goods, and wouldn't be worth much, if anything. It�s like a nice table missing a leg - different, but damaged.

quote:
Originally posted by Translator:
Things like those are worth serious money. I suggest you call someone who deals with old books.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about stamps, of which I've been a collector for many years as well..."erroneous" stamps are the rarities I would dream about, if I was serious about stamp collecting, in my most pleasant dreams.
If I was mistaken with the books, I appologise. I admit I did not know the rare book industry that well.

Cheers, Tranlsator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator:

A Stamp collector's question:

Who the heck is collecting those stupid self adhesive stamps nowadays?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you package them? I used to collect stamps and we had these "chrystal" sheets we would slip them in and then cut them to size. You could see the stamps really clearly and the plastic protected them from handling and/or gummy stuff from the hinged holders they used to have.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I met Ray, I asked him about Charles Beaumont. I remembered from years ago that Ray had written the introduction to the Beaumont short story collection, "The Magic Man," but had quite forgotten what was actually in the introduction.

"I was his teacher," Ray said. He then went on to talk about how sad it was that Beaumont died so young (of early-onset Alzheimer's, at age 38, in 1967.)

I added that I think it's high time somebody did a good full-length motion picture of Beaumont's "In His Image," which was one of the best episodes of the short-lived hour-long version of "The Twilight Zone." (I'd like to produce it myself, actually, or at least write the screenplay.)

"In His Image" has got to be one of the most frequently referenced, or plagiarized if you prefer, short stories in the history of science fiction. I caught an episode of "The Outer Limits" late one night that comes close to copying the beginning of the story scene-for-scene.

Posts: 14 | Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have an uncut sheet of 32 elvis stamps, are they worth money??

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
soopergooman

This is not your normal question&answer sort of thing, but, heck, it's 4th of July evening.

Whatever that has to do with it...has prompted this response to your question:

click on or type into finder:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4754&item=5505633990&rd=1

This'll at least get you on track. Afterwards, click on...'''back to items list'''... and that'll show you at least a hundred or more related items on Elvis stamps. If that 'icon' doesn't appear, then you'll have to go back to 'home page' and re-enter search for Elvis, under stamps.

I am sure, probably before the end of this decade,the Post Office will issue a science-fiction and fantasy authors stamp sheet. Undoubtedly Ray will be included.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-04-2004).]

posted Hide Post
I would ask Mr. Bradbury, "Could your heart stand the shocking facts about.....
� MARLON BRANDO � & � COX ?
http://www.what-a-character.com/cgi-bin/display.cgi?id=CoxW

[This message has been edited by TOR (edited 07-05-2004).]

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post