Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contacting Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know who handles Ray's PR or Managment in Los Angeles?

Much Appreciated!

Alan

Posts: 5 | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try contacting him through his publisher at raybradbury@harpercollins.com.

Someone will get back to you.

N. K. Love
www.nancylove.net

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have tried that....looking for his reps in LA

posted Hide Post
Usually when there's an event going on somewhere it's posted by someone connected with the event. I haven't seen one person posting numerous announcements.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just signed up for this board for the very reason of this thread. I was wondering if there's a way to contact Mr. Bradbury.

Since there appears to be a few people here who know him personally, I'll ask this publicly before I try the contacts suggested so far: Does anyone know if he'd be willing to look at a collection of short stories for the purpose of writing a blurb for the back cover (assuming he likes the collection, of course)? From the posts I've just read, he sounds energetic and active, but I also see he's had some eye trouble. I wouldn't want to trouble the man unless it is known that he welcomes this sort of thing.

Please advise.

-Neil

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I doubt it. Years ago, before the eye trouble became serious, he told me he gets 100 books a year, and recently he said with effort he can read four pages a day.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very understandable. Thank you for your reply.
-Neil

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! I am new to the message boards and so glad that I found them. How interesting! I am a high school English teacher who looks forward to teaching F451 each year. My students usually enjoy it very much and we have spirited discussions about the role of government in society and the use of censorship to "protect" people. This year I have a group who is convinced that anything beyond the surface meaning of the novel is garbage. They think that English teachers just sit around and make stuff up so that students suffer. Since Ray Bradbury is one of the few authors we read who is still living, I am going to propose that they write to him and ask him if what we have discussed in class is way off the mark or if he supports the idea that there are multiple levels of understanding in his novel. What are the chances that any of my students will get a reply? Would we send all of our letters directly to the publisher or is there a fan club address we could use?

Thanks for any help or feedback!

Posts: 1 | Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia | Registered: 18 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Ray's contact info, I've just bumped up a thread under "Resources" with a link to this information.

New writers wanting critiques of their work can join this forum http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=agree under the auspices of Orson Scott Card. You must be over 18 years old to register, though just 18 I am not sure about.

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Mr. Bradbury has an representation in Los Angeles?

posted Hide Post
Dear, patient, amlw,
I sense your pain. Does anyone have the answer? Anyone…anyone?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick knows but I don't see him telling.

posted Hide Post
patrick makes me sad........

posted Hide Post
amlw, I am curious as to why Patrick would make you sad? He is the man that keeps an eye our for Ray, making sure he gets from engagement to engagement and home safely.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In amlw’s defense, I don’t think he knows anything of good Patrick’s history.

Good to see you posting again after too long an absence, biplane 1. How fair thee down in the warm regions?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post