Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New titles from Ray / Must have books from Hill House publishers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New titles from Ray / Must have books from Hill House publishers
 Login/Join

posted
All,

Hill House Publishers is going to be publishing 4 signed/limiteds of Ray:

Cat's Pajamas
Martian Chronicles

and 2 (as far as I know) NEW titles!!!! They are:

The Dog In The Red Bandana
The Wish and Other Stories

I "assume" that there will also be regular trade hardback editions of the two new titles, but that is just a guess.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.hillhousepublishers.com/Bradbury%20home.htm

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news! Thanks for the info.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I pulled the trigger & shelled out $350 for a membership in this series from Hill House. The Martian Chronicles is an upcoming title, but it's not included for the $350.

You get:

The Cat's Pajamas +5

The Dog in the Red Bandana

The Wish & Other Stories

The Trivial Pursuits Transporter (I believe this is a single short story, never-before-published, hardbound, signed, numbered, limited edition)

All the other books are signed & numbered as well. There's a per book discount & free shipping when you pay for the membership up front. I can't wait!

Posts: 54 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Thanks for those photos of Ray and his family, and his publisher....at the celebration in his honor. I hadn't seen any photos whatsoever.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! Wow, those are GREAT!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really Great!!!!!!! http://www.hillhousepublishers.com/Bradbury%20photos.htm

Nice to see Patrick and Sam, our on board friends!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew:
Well, I pulled the trigger & shelled out $350 for a membership in this series from Hill House. The Martian Chronicles is an upcoming title, but it's not included for the $350.

You get:

The Cat's Pajamas +5

The Dog in the Red Bandana

The Wish & Other Stories

The Trivial Pursuits Transporter (I believe this is a single short story, never-before-published, hardbound, signed, numbered, limited edition)

All the other books are signed & numbered as well. There's a per book discount & free shipping when you pay for the membership up front. I can't wait!

Last year, I also signed up for membership in this series. After a three month delay, I still have not received anything. Hill House is not responding to my emails. Does anyone know anything about this? Should I be worried?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:

Last year, I also signed up for membership in this series. After a three month delay, I still have not received anything. Hill House is not responding to my emails. Does anyone know anything about this? Should I be worried?

I've had the same problem. Months have gone by, I haven't received any word from Hill House on the status of the books & I haven't received any responses to the e-mail I've sent. I'm not really sure what to do.

posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard anything new about the Hill House books?

posted Hide Post
Okay, here's the deal. The Hill House Bradbury series has been cancelled. While The Cat's Pajamas has been published, the other books in the series have been cancelled. For those who paid for the series in full there are a few options.

1. Full refund

2. Receive The Cat's Pajamas & a partial refund.

3. Receive The Cat's Pajamas & the upcoming limited edition of The Martian Chronicles for the initial fee of $350 (a $400 value).

I opted for #3. I've already received The Cat's Pajamas & it's beautiful. I can't wait to receive The Martian Chronicles.

I've also pre-purchased the upcoming Gauntlet press edition of The Halloween Tree, due out in October.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us all know the situation.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to the Hill House publishers last week-end at a Ray Bradbury signing that was held at a Los Angeles Barnes and Noble bookstore. They said that the later books in Bradbury series have not been cancelled. I was told that due to uncertainties about the publication dates of those later books in the series after THE CAT'S PAJAMAS (a problem that often exists with small specialty presses), those who had pre-ordered books were offered the opportunty to receive a full refund.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard!

Hey! You snuck outta town and made it to LA! Alright!! Can you tell us anything about the signing?

Like, how was Ray feeling? We're you able to get a word in edge wise o'er there to Ray. (or to Sam Weller for that matter?) Did you see Patrick? How was the weather? The people at the bookstore? Just the facts!!

Any info whatsoever supplied would be most appreciated, Richard! Thanks plenty!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I saw Ray briefly, and he was as friendly and enthusiastic and filled with the joy of living as ever. I also saw Sam and Patrick, who were their usual friendly and gracious selves. In addition to the Barnes and Noble event, I also attended the LA Festival of Books at the UCLA campus over the weekend which was great: one of the best book fairs I have ever been to (this is my second year in a row there). Ray and Sam were signing there as well. Sam told me that they sold out of copies of his biography at the Festival.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been out of town for a couple of weeks and am way behind on the important news here. I scanned a few (of the MANY posts) and gleaned that A Sound of Thunder is being released in August. Could someone give me a quick news update on all things Bradbury? My eyes were starting to cross when I tried to catch up.

The Lake formerly Green Shadow

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post