Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New titles from Ray / Must have books from Hill House publishers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New titles from Ray / Must have books from Hill House publishers
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Duplicate posting!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alexander: Welcome here!

Schedules of signings have been posted. Several times. You just have to find them...

Like...

'In Favorite Book/Story' forum...
...it's found under...

"All About Sam Weller's New Biography on Ray Bradbury". (Listed in a April 5th posting)

And other places.

But to cut to the chase, catch this link and click on appropriate 'need to know item', specifically "appearances", found on the far right side of the window.
http://www.bradburychronicles.com

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
I spoke to the Hill House publishers last week-end at a Ray Bradbury signing that was held at a Los Angeles Barnes and Noble bookstore. They said that the later books in Bradbury series have not been cancelled. I was told that due to uncertainties about the publication dates of those later books in the series after THE CAT'S PAJAMAS (a problem that often exists with small specialty presses), those who had pre-ordered books were offered the opportunty to receive a full refund.

Not cancelled? Hmm…since The Wish was published as a single story (rather than a short story collection) and there’s not been a single whisper about The Dog in the Red Bandana in the 15 months since it was announced, it would appear that the books advertised in the Ray Bradbury Series have indeed been cancelled (as was explained to me by Peter Schneider 15 months ago).

Also, I wasn’t given the option of a refund in lieu of uncertainties of the publication dates of the other titles; Peter told me that the books would not be published by Hill House. It’s odd that you were given different information.

Either way, I’m beginning to be a bit leery of this publisher. I opted to receive the upcoming publication of The Martian Chronicles (the publication date of which continues to be pushed out further & further) rather than a refund for the Bradbury series. I’ve recently sent several e-mail inquiries regarding publication dates, as well as a change of shipping address & have been completely ignored (which is typical of my own & several other customers’ dealings with Hill House over the past year or so).

Conversely, I‘ve had incredibly good luck with other small specialty presses; Gauntlet Press & Cemetery Dance specifically have been wonderful. In the research that I’ve done I’ve found that Hill House consistently has a very poor reputation.

Has anyone heard anything about the Hill House version of The Martian Chronicles? Specifically in relation to those that pre-paid for the Bradbury series?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a similar experience, and was told that the MC book would be out in October. That is all I have to go on, though I have been receiving replies to my emails when sent.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep! 'The Martian Chronicles' is slated for October.

http://www.hillhousepublishers.com/hh-catalogue01.htm

posted Hide Post
Also, the long-awaited sequel to "Dandelion Wine", "Farewell Summer" will be out in October. And, while at his home Monday, he showed me an advanced copy of the reissue of "D Wine", which will be out next year, I think he said. Beautiful cover - the same as this one (http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/0/9780380977260.jpg), only full size.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Hirschman, reporter for the Florida Sun Sentinel who, by the way, was able to spend an hour and half with Ray and later wrote a very nice article for the Arts and Entertainment section of the Sunday paper, called me today and said that he will be receiving a review copy of Farewell Summer sometime next week.

Maybe I can talk him into letting me take a peek.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that some have noted a lack of responsiveness to e-mails sent to Hill House Publishers. The Hill House website recently posted an explanation and an apology. Apparently, their e-mail address has not been working and they did not realize it. Here is the explanation from the Hill House website, and a new e-mail address:

"We're very distressed (and very sorry, of course) to hear that many of our customers have been e-mailing us over the last couple of months and not receiving a reply. We know that many of you have been writing to the sales@hillhousepublishers.com address. The fact is, this address is no longer active—a fact that we've only discovered recently. Absurd as it sounds, the staff member who had been responsible for that address waited until they left the company to tell us that they hadn't been checking the mailbox for over two months. Obviously we would have posted a notification of this soon, had we known, and we want to offer all of you our profound apologies. Please address all inquiries in the future to: peterschneider@hillhousepublishers.com—we will do our level best to respond promptly."

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post