Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ID short story about girl in a convertible?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID short story about girl in a convertible?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody recognise the title (and author?) of the short story involved from the following description?

I remember reading it 10 - 15 years ago, and think it's one of RB's. It's told by the acquaintance of an adventurous young woman who liked to drive her open-top sports car, looking for ever-faster routes through a mountainous/wooded area between two towns. She succeeded at this until one night when she just disappeared. I think the story was suggesting that she had actually arrived before she left, and was now lost in some space-time discontinuity...or something.

I've hunted through all my anthologies, and looked at on-line bibliographies and lists with no luck. I might be mistaken about the author, but can't really think who else it might be. Suggestions gratefully received...

Tuesday 29/10/13 - Found it! With apologies to both RB and Stephen King, it was a story of the latter's, "Mrs Todd's Shortcut", from the mid-80s collection "Skeleton Crew". Not exactly Roy Bradbury, but enjoyable enough.

Anyway, thanks to all who read my misguided request, and happy reading.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: astrodan,

Posts: 1 | Location: UK | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post