Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Cat's Pajamas + 5

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cat's Pajamas + 5
 Login/Join

posted
I apologize if this has been posted before (I did a quick search of the archives). While doing some research I ran across this site:

http://store.realmsoffantasybo...om/capa5raybrhc.html

The page lists a limited edition of The Cat's Pajamas + 5. This edition includes the original text from The Cat's Pajamas PLUS 5 "new" stories, including:

Memento Mori
Austen & Jausten
About Face
Remembrance at Gettysburg
Underfoot

I see a few copies on abebooks, but the allure of this edition is the extra stories.

Any thoughts from those who bought a copy?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stories are fantastic but I've never been thrilled with how the book was produced. The title/author on the spine of the slipcase & the graphic on the front of the book are adhesive. The sticker on the spine fell off the day I received the book.

I have an ARC as well & I find myself happier with it than the actual limited edition.

It's a great book; I'm just not sure if it's $200 great.

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andrew! I have the regular William Morrow 1st Edition but I am saving it. I am intriged by the new stories in the Realms of Fantasy edition, but $200.00 is a bit steep.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post