Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    essay topic

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

essay topic
 Login/Join

posted
I want to write an essay on 3 of Ray Bradbury's books for my high school senior thesis project, but I have no idea what to write about because as of yet I've only read Farenheit 451. Does anyone have any suggestions?

-mati

Posts: 1 | Location: West Covina, CA, USA | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recommend "The Martian Chronicles", "The Illustrated Man", and "Something Wicked This Way Comes". "Fahrenheit 451" is an expansion on "Usher II", one of the short stories in either "Illustrated Man", or "Martian Chronicles". You might consider his new book "From the Dust Returned'. I have not read it yet, but have read some intrigueing reviews. I expect to read it soon.

Posts: 10 | Location: Genesee, ID, USA | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm doing a similar project also on 3 of his books. I found a good analysis of his works by Wayne L. Johnson. Please let me know if you come across any good topics, or develop a good thesis. Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wayne Johnson's book "Ray Bradbury" should be very helpful, and you might also check David Mogen's critical analysis and biographic (Twayne's US Authors Series) text on Mr. Bradbury.

For insights directly from Mr. Bradbury, refer to Zen in the Art Of Writing. Hope this helps.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!
For novels, you can read The Halloween Tree, Something Wicked This Way Comes, a Graveyard for Lunatics, or From the Dust Returned. My personal favorite short story collection is Golden Apples of the Sun, but the Martian Chronicles, Dandelion Wine, and the Illustrated Man are more well known and possibly much easier to find. Bradbury wrote about 50 books, so the possibilities are endless.

Posts: 13 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post