Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Is there a Classified/WTB section here...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a Classified/WTB section here...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
There's no reason to buy the British edition unless you're a collector with lots of money.

Five stories are omitted, including "Interim" and "The Maiden", both of which were collected only in the Arkham House edition of Dark Carnival. So it's kinda not the real thing.

Nonetheless, I have one.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just snagged myself a signed/numbered copy of Gauntlet's DARK CARNIVAL. Color me happy. Smiler

Posts: 28 | Registered: 19 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much? (Ball park figure.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations anyhow!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
How much? (Ball park figure.)

More than I would've liked to pay; less than the dealers on ABE and Biblio are asking. Wink

posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Number 3. Wow!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was pretty pleased it was such a low number. As you can see, it doesn't have the optional publisher's beveled slipcase w/ attached art, as shown here:

...but it does have a plain one that fits it well and protects it. The important thing, though, was of course the book itself, and on that point it looks brand-new and its tight binding affirms its unread status.

It's not going to stay unread for long, though. Cool