Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's Yestermorrow, the play

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's Yestermorrow, the play
 Login/Join

posted
Here is the next live theatrical event for Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company:
Premiering on July 11th and slated to run through August 29th will be three one-act plays under the banner of Ray Bradbury’s Yestermorrow. Those new productions will be The Meadow, A Device Out of Time and The Cistern.

After that run a true classic will be staged with an opening night of September 19th and running until November 22nd, with a possible extension until the end of the year. Oh yes, this production will be of The Martian Chronicles!!!

More details as the date comes closer.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You lucky west-coasters!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
You lucky west-coasters!

You had a choice, you just make the wrong one. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
You had a choice, you just make the wrong one. Smiler

Oh no - I made the right one. Believe me. But I still miss the coast.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello jkt

I might be in LA in early October, so would love to see the Martian chronicles play...

can you provide more info on where I would book tickets etc theatre etc (I realise they wont be on sale yetSmiler)

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robnz:
hello jkt

I might be in LA in early October, so would love to see the Martian chronicles play...

can you provide more info on where I would book tickets etc theatre etc (I realise they wont be on sale yetSmiler)

www.plays411.com/raybradbury Tickets are generally available two weeks before the run begins. As a general rule, Ray attends on Saturday nights. When he does attend, there is a reception following the play where you can meet and talk with him. YOu may bring an item or two for him to sign. Books are usually available for purchase, too.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Message to JKT

Now it is coming close to October, I noticed the Plays411 website has The wonderful Ice Cream Suit listed in Late Sept/Oct. Do you know if the Martian Chronicles production is still going to occur? It seems strange the are re-doing a play they had recently....

Thanks in advance

Rob

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Message to JKT

Now it is coming close to October, I noticed the Plays411 website has The wonderful Ice Cream Suit listed in Late Sept/Oct. Do you know if the Martian Chronicles production is still going to occur? It seems strange the are re-doing a play they had recently....

Thanks in advance

Rob

Partly due to the death of the set-designer, John Blankenchip, and partly due to a conflict with the hall it was decided to delay Martian until the Spring. Ice Cream Suit was so well received and since the original cast was willing to reprise their roles made for a quick production turn-around. So, this is the skinny of what and where.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply John.

Its a shame, as I would be on vaction from NZ for October, and was looking forward to the Martian Chronicles play as part of it.

Hmmm, I will have to think about whether I want to make the journey from Burbank to South Pasadena to see the Ice Cream Suit.....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the reply John.

Its a shame, as I would be on vaction from NZ for October, and was looking forward to the Martian Chronicles play as part of it.

Hmmm, I will have to think about whether I want to make the journey from Burbank to South Pasadena to see the Ice Cream Suit.....

So you are saying that despite the Bradbury production being staged you'd not drive ten miles on a Saturday night to spend the evening in the same room with Ray? Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. JKT you have almost convinced me. I looked it up on google, its 20 miles (and I wont have a car Frowner )... but I will make the effort....

I will have to pack a book or two in my luggage incase he can sign them as well.

Rob

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmmm. JKT you have almost convinced me. I looked it up on google, its 20 miles (and I wont have a car Frowner )... but I will make the effort....

I will have to pack a book or two in my luggage incase he can sign them as well.

Rob

When Ray is in attendance there are books at the theatre that can be purchased so if you don't bring books and then decide to attend you'll not be left out in the cold. Yes, Ray does sign when he attends the theatre.

John King Tarpinian