Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    All Summer In A Day Video
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Summer In A Day Video
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
philnic: Aha! Beat you to this one. Posted this in Miscellaneous a couple days ago.

As to copyright problems, it's been a problem with them for quite a while. There are just toooo many submissions. I read they number in excess of 50,000 in any given day. Forget who it was...CBS? was it...that recently bought YOUTUBE. Whoever it was, maybe they'll be better policing of the site. But with over 10 million videos already on there and fast counting more, who knows?

================
Check out this news item pertaining to copyright abuse by YOUTUBE.
http://www.comcast.net/news/technology/index.jsp?cat=TE...06/09/15/477051.html
================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
philnic: Aha! Beat you to this one.

D'oh! Somehow I missed your post.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the UK and don't seem to be able to get the DVD shipped. Anyone out there with a copy to sell?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've finally got a copy on DVD (which looks like a VHS copy). It cost me a fortune importing it into the UK from the States and then paying customs duty on it.

What a GREAT film !!!!

ianlever@yahoo.com

Posts: 3 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't be too sure about finding that video at the Ohana website given. I visited the site and it's called "All Summer In ONE Day" not "A Day." Secondly, the description of it talks about racism and prejudice, which is not really what the story's about. The woman I spoke to spoke very little English, and couldn't confirm it was the Bradbury story. Finally, it costs $44.00 and does not allow returns. Has anyone had any luck with it? I say just burn it off of YouTube.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is hearsay (so Judge Judy wouldn't allow it), but I have had reports from a couple of people who successfully ordered from Ohana.

I obtained my copy from elsewhere, however.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, a "greatest hits" anthology has just been released by Tachyon Books in celebration of that magazine's sixtieth anniversary. The latest honor for "All Summer in A Day": it's selection for inclusion in the book, THE VERY BEST OF FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION 60th ANNIVERSARY ANTHOLOGY:

http://www.tachyonpublications....html?Session_ID=new

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post