Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Signed 1st Switch on the Night question

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed 1st Switch on the Night question
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I just listed (10-11-04) a signed 1st of Switch on the Night on ebay. I have a question that maybe someone can possibly answer. The book is inscribed: For Norrie....with Love Always from........Ray & Maggie & Susan & Ramona Bradbury March 1955. My question is, who is Norrie? If you want to view the listing, just go to ebay and do a search for Switch on the Night in Antiquarian Books. It is a 3 day auction. I'm not trying to solicit business; I just want to know who Norrie is. Thanks, and yes it is truly sad that Christopher Reeves passed. I wish I was a tenth as stong as he!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question might be--Where did you obtain this book? Ray has been so great about signing and personalizing his autographs that it could be anyone. I am just wondering about Norrie and why he (she) discarded the book when there are people who would love to have a signed book from Ray.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane1,
Not as sinister as your reply implies. The book came from an estate sale where the owner was dead and did not need it anymore. The book was inscribed in March 1955 just after the book was published and my question addresses who might have recieved such a warm greeting from the entire Bradbury family. Or, did Ray's family participate in all his inscriptions? Would love to know the answer.
Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post