Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ALLUSIONS FOR FAHRENHEIT451? PLEASE!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALLUSIONS FOR FAHRENHEIT451? PLEASE!
 Login/Join

posted
Hello we have a summer project to find allusions for Fahrenheit 451 based on the categories of literary, historical, biblical and mythological. If u know any and especially the page #s please please please email me or reply on here thanks so much

Posts: 1 | Location: Waukesha,Wi,USA | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book Fahrenheit 451 has many allusions hidden within it, which help the reader understand the story better.
One of the biggest allusions in this story was on page 163 by Granger. He starts to tell Montag about the Pheonix. The Pheonix is supposedly a bird that explodes into flames and is reborn as a baby bird from the ashes. Another place where you might have seen the Pheonix was in the second Harry Potter movie.
Granger talks about the Pheonix because he compares this bird to the city, which in this part of the story was just hit by a bomb. Granger's plan is to go back to the city and create a new and better city out of what was there. They can do this by bringing back the books they memorized and writing them down before they forget the stories.

Another allusion in Fahrenheit 451 is on page 119 in the part when Montag burns Beatty. Beatty starts taunting Montag about Shakespeare's play Julius Ceasar. Beatty calls Montag "Cassius". In english class, our teacher told us that he was one of the main people who killed Julius Ceasar. An important part of this allusion is that to know about the play Julius Ceasar, Beatty must have been reading books.
I hope this answers your question about allusions in the story because i truly think allusions bring more to a story. They make you remember other things you have read and it helps you better understand what you are reading.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post