Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    May 3rd Bradbury Tribute stars Shatner, Astin...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 3rd Bradbury Tribute stars Shatner, Astin...
 Login/Join

posted
SHATNER, ASTIN, LLOYD TO STAR
IN BRADBURY/CORWIN TRIBUTE
“LEVIATHAN 99” by Ray Bradbury
Honors 99-YEAR-OLD “Birthday Boy” Norman Corwin

~ Reserved Tickets Now Available~

HOLLYWOOD – Ray BRADBURY’s space tale, LEVIATHAN 99, will be presented as a tribute to Mr. Bradbury and Award-winning poet/playwright/director, Norman CORWIN, on the occasion of Mr. Corwin’s 99th birthday.

The California Artists Radio Theatre production will star William SHATNER, Sean ASTIN, and Norman LLOYD, joined by Samantha EGGAR, Richard HERD, Walter KOENIG and H.M. WYNANT, with John HARLAN, Robert LEGIONAIRE and Sky McDOUGALL, many of whom have previously worked with Mr. Bradbury and Mr. Corwin. Both Bradbury and Corwin will attend the performance.

The event is Sunday, May 3rd at 2:30 p.m. at the Writers Guild of America Theater in Beverly Hills. Reserved tickets are available at www.CARTaudio.org or by calling 213-683-3422.

Imagelev2.jpg (8 Kb, 3 downloads) LEVIATHAN 99

Posts: 5 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: 23 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. Would not miss this. Anybody else?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was covered up with finals and research papers once I returned from the LEVIATHAN 99 performance earlier this month.

By the time school ended, it was time to pack up the family for Wonderfest (a show Ray would love) in Louisville, Ky. My apologies for posting my reflections so dreafully late

At any rate, I just posted my belated report on the spectactular, once-in-a-lifetime LEVIATHAN 99 performance (along with several photos) on the Classic Horror Film Board. Here's the link:

http://monsterkidclassichorror...yuku.com/topic/23839

CART has also posted some fine photos and a full report here:

http://www.cartaudio.org/current_CART.htm

Special thanks (as always) to John King Tarpinian for his friendship and companionship. It was a grand afternoon!

The day after the reading, I had a chance to spend a couple of hours with Ray and get some work done on one of our book projects before I flew back to Muscle Shoals to begin inflicting end-of-the-semester pain and trauma on my literature and composition students at UNA.

I hope to be back on the West Coast for a week or so sometime this summer.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

This message has been edited. Last edited by: William Lantry,

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the fine information and photos. What a grand event to attend. Was this production recorded otherwise by video or audio?

If so, is there a website or other location where such a recording (video and/or audio) be purchased?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Was this production recorded otherwise by video or audio?

Audio only, I hear tell. Don't know about availability as yet.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you so much for the fine information and photos. What a grand event to attend. Was this production recorded otherwise by video or audio?

If so, is there a website or other location where such a recording (video and/or audio) be purchased?

Cart Audio should have the CD available in a few more weeks. If you are lucky enough to have a NPR station that airs radio plays this should played soon.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks John, as always, for the information. Unfortunately I do not listen to NPR as much as I should, so many great programs are there, including Prairie Home Companion Saturday nights with Garrison Keillor.

I feel so inadequate for asking this, but is there a schedule for the NPR programs that are on?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel so inadequate for asking this, but is there a schedule for the NPR programs that are on?

As they say, "check your local listings." Each NPR station has its own programming station. The one I listen to has radio plays Saturday nights at 10 p.m.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
CART will have this performance available very soon on audio CD and MP3s. You can check out confirmation of this news (along with some other fine photos of their own) at this official link to the CART website, http://www.cartaudio.org/current_CART.htm.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terry,

The dust jacket looks as good as new...almost.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm. GOOD NEWS! LEVIATHAN 99 IS ***NOW AVAILABLE*** on CDs or MP3 downloads. Please visit wwww.CARTaudio.org and follow the "Leviathan 99" links.

And, again, our sincere thanks for supporting California Artists Radio Theatre!

Sky McDougall
Board Member/Associate Producer
(and Leviathan 99 Cast Member!)

Posts: 5 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: 23 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I downloaded it last night. I've only heard a minute or two so far, but it sounds good to me!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post