Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The NEW Ray Bradbury Review
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NEW Ray Bradbury Review
 Login/Join

posted
As I think I have posted on here before, the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies at Indiana University is planning a new academic journal called The New Ray Bradbury Review. The first issue is almost ready for publication, and contains articles by William F. Nolan, Jonathan Eller, William Touponce, David Mogen, Terry Pace, John C. Tibbetts, myself and one or two others.

At the moment, the Center hasn't determined any ordering information, so you can't obtain or order a copy yet. However, for an exclusive sneak preview of the cover art (by one R.Bradbury), please visit my website!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TO ALL---

ImageHAPPY_HOLIDAYS_2007__(e-mail_master).JPG (32 Kb, 24 downloads) "HAPPY HOLIDAYS"

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awwwwww!

Your old pal Don Husing is more active than ever now at KSCO.
Did you ever make contact?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil: Thanks for posting. The cover art is great. Bradbury is actually becoming an artist, more than the talented doodler he once was. I'm anxious to get hold of this. I hope you'll post ordering instructions when it's available.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put together a new Ray Bradbury page on YOUTUBE that I call~
RayBradburyChannel !

~ I doubt if any here on the board (except one or two)...ha
ve seen these new additional videos. They include a magician act, with Ray in the first row.

In the 'Favorites' section,
Bradbury videos from the other two YOUTUBE pages are being moved here to consolidate them all, eventually, on this one page. Some dozen other unseen videos will be formatted and included on this new "Ray Bradbury Channel" page...

Just click on this Ray Bradbury Channel YOUTUBE link:

http://www.youtube.com/RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all TOO KEWL!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Awwwwww!
Your old pal Don Husing is more active than ever now at KSCO.
Did you ever make contact?

Yes I did, I was in Santa Cruz last year & visited with Don.
I've known Don since 1972.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just click on this Ray Bradbury Channel YOUTUBE link:

http://www.youtube.com/RayBradburyChannel

WOW! THE BRADBURY PRUNE COMMERCIAL!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Returning to the ostensible purpose of this thread, the New Ray Bradbury Review:

Ordering information is now visible at Kent State University Press's website - click here.

Note that the publication date isn't yet fixed, but the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies' website now states it will be in "Summer 2008".(According to my astronomical knowledge, that puts it somewhere between 20 June and 20 September!)

The CRBS website page has a full table of contents and depiction of the cover art here . I have seen a draft version of the new journal, and confirm that it is an excellent piece of work which will appeal to both fans and academics.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is IU one of the few schools you can study Bradbury at? Or are there a lot?

Because that would be cool if I ended up going to school at IU...

Posts: 13 | Location: West Lafayette, IN | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew the answer to that, but since I'm in the UK I have absolutely no idea. I hope that someone like our own Mr Dark might have an aswer.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
You could get more information directly from Dr. Eller and/or Dr. Touponce. I'm sure you can contact them through The Center for Ray Bradbury Studies (link below). Hope this helps. I know Sam Weller teaches a class on Ray Bradbury in Chicago, also. So there are some out there.

http://www.iupui.edu/~crbs/

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an effort to keep the htreads neat and tidy, I'm re-posting bsaenz24's recent find:

the New Ray Bradbury Review is available to pre-order on Amazon, here.

Amazon is cheaper than the publisher. They also give a publication date - 31 December 2008 - although this is probably an estimate.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I received my copy of the New Ray Bradbury Review yesterday, directly from the publisher (I had pre-ordered some time ago). Very well-done with interesting content, and a nice cover drawing by Ray himself. I'm looking forward to future issues, and hope the Review continues far into the future. Since scholarly analysis of Ray's work shows no sign of letting up, there should continue to be a number of articles worthly of such publication.

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
I received my copy of the New Ray Bradbury Review yesterday, directly from the publisher (I had pre-ordered some time ago). Very well-done with interesting content, and a nice cover drawing by Ray himself. I'm looking forward to future issues, and hope the Review continues far into the future. Since scholarly analysis of Ray's work shows no sign of letting up, there should continue to be a number of articles worthly of such publication.

How nice that a publication comes out two/three months early instead of being delayed. I hope that my copy will be in today's mail.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post