Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    List of RB works

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of RB works
 Login/Join

posted
I know this is a very longshot, but I am doing a Writing Across The Curriculum Paper in English about Mr. Ray Bradbury. One of the necessities for this paper is a complete and updated list of every poem, book, short story, etc. that Ray Bradbury has ever written. At his homepage, that book list may very well be complete-- I have no idea. But one thing I am sure of is that it does not have everything that he has ever published. I can't seem to find it myself, so I need to know.. if anybody knows where I can find this information, please let me know. E-mail or AIM to RecklessYouth2K2@aol.com or just reply to this post. Thank you.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following link will take you to a decent list through, it appears, 2001, although I make no guarantees whatsoever as to its completeness and/or accuracy. That's quite a project you have there!

http://isfdb.tamu.edu/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?Ray_Bradbury

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I originally had R.L. Stine... but get this-- Stine doesn't even have an official webpage. That would be the scholastic web page But regardless, I really appreciate this. Thank you.

Edit: WOW Reading through that list makes my head spin!! I'm nearly 100% positive that it has everything I need. I thank you very much for digging up this information.

[This message has been edited by Tristan Kaine (edited 03-03-2004).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listing collections and other publications in book and pamphlet form is possible...just. Don't count on the website list, or any list by Ray's publisher, HarperCollins, to be either complete or correct. Three of those titles, One Timeless Spring, Journey to Far Metaphor, and Kaleidoscope, don't exist, never did and possibly never will. (If you list them anyway, for completeness' sake, please note this.) Besides short story collections and novels, don't forget nonfiction, plays, and poetry.

What's more, there are a number (don't ask) of other collections besides the major works, which include early/obscure collections, special limited editions, variant editions, and foreign editions, to name a few. The short story titles listed here http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000058.html should be complete up to "One More for the Road," but except for beginning to list which Martian stories do or don't appear in "The Martian Chronicles," (an unfinished job!) I made absolutely no notation as to what stories appear in which collection(s).

If you want to list every individual item published, much as I hate to discourage anyone from pursuing a Bradbury project, you'd have to pick an author who's published less...MUCH less! The poetry alone will drive you NUTS! Some is in the "Complete" poems...some isn't. A book of many pages wouldn't cover such a requirement.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to echo what others have said about how gargantuan a task it would be to try to document everything Bradbury has published. I've been trying to do it myself for several years, and every time I think I am close to having covered everything, I suddenly discover a whole new set of works.

Some other websites that may help:

My website at http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379/
Look in particular at the BOOKS page for the "Short Story Finder". This is not complete, but I believe it to be the most complete list anywhere on the web. No poems listed, though.

The Ray Bradbury Page: http://www.raybradburyonline.com/
This site hasn't been updated for some time, but ithas a lot of detail on books, especially obscure limited editions.

Good luck!

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post