Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury appearance for April
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury appearance for April
 Login/Join

posted
Hey! What is this?!!
Ray speaks, followed by a dance and cash bar?
Okay, you guys... who is booking Ray's speaking engagements nowadays? This one takes place on April 12, 2004.

Click on the following link... scroll down a bit to the event and details....
http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/cl/2004-04-12/?t=1

...and THIS... is the place where the event will be held. Scroll down a bit for a photograph and description....
http://www.lapeopleconnection.com/cityscape/topten/cock...view/encounters.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-30-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who don't know, Ray will be appearing with his old pal Ray Harryhausen at the Los Angeles Festival of Books at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 24, at UCLA's Royce Hall. Admission is free, but you must acquire an advance ticket to attend. For details, visit:
http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

Mr. Harryhausen will be in the states for the release of his new biography, RAY HARRYHAUSEN: AN ANIMATED LIFE, featuring a foreword by his boyhood dinosaur buddy. The coffee-table book makes a nice companion volume to Ray's own ILLUSTRATED LIFE.

While in Los Angeles, Mr. Harryhausen will also be attending the LA Sci-Fi and Comics Convention in Pasadena, presenting a screening of a remastered JASON AND THE AGRONAUTS in Orange County and presenting a program on George Pal and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He'll be in San Francisco later in the month, then at various sites in New York before he returns to his home in London in mid-May.

Terry Pace

Posts: 11 | Location: Sheffield, AL, USA | Registered: 09 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Pace:
For those of you who don't know, Ray will be appearing with his old pal Ray Harryhausen at the Los Angeles Festival of Books at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 24, at UCLA's Royce Hall.

Does anyone know if Ray will be signing books at the event? The website notes the following:
SAT 1 PM - Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen
Royce Hall - PANEL CODE: 1052
North Signing Area - Line E
Note: Ray Bradbury will not sign at the North Signing Area after this session

So, he won't be signing at the usual pavilions, but will he be signing at Royce Hall?

Posts: 2 | Location: inglewood, ca | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told that Ray did not sign books at this event last year. I would take the notice on the website to mean that Ray will not be signing at all at this event (either at Royce Hall or in the signing area) this year as well. However, don't let that stop you from attending the panel discusssion by the two Rays, and miss the chance to be entertained by two great men who (a) are brilliant in their respective fields and (b) have been the closest of friends for about 65 years! It should be a wonderful hour.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 04-15-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the following posting by Vagabond Books, which appears in a different topic, Ray will in fact be signing on April 24 at the LA Times Festival of Books. I'm so glad I was wrong! Here's the posting from earlier today. I wanted to make sure it got in this series of postings as well:

posted 04-18-2004 03:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAY BRADBURY will be signing at VAGABOND BOOKS booth 634 at 2pm on Saturday at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.
thanks,
Patti Graham
VAGABOND BOOKS

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray was quite upset that the indication was given elsewhere that he wasn't going to be signing. So please help spread the word that will. The program begins at 1 p.m., and he says he will be "side by side" with Ray Harryhausen as they sign books together following the program, probably between 2 and 2:15. Hope to meet some of you there.

Terry Pace

Posts: 11 | Location: Sheffield, AL, USA | Registered: 09 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to get a chance to attend the LA Times festival this weekend. Both Rays were engaging and a delight!
Margaret

Posts: 10 | Location: Menlo Park, CA USA | Registered: 18 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MARGARET

W O W !!!!!

How wonderful! Thanks. We will all appreciate your photos... These are really great!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for getting the word out about the signing! And especially to Vagabond Books and the two Rays!

Posts: 2 | Location: inglewood, ca | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great pictures!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are great shots! I love the bright colors behind them. Nice stuff!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. They're great. Here's a story about part of the "two Rays" discussion at the LA Book Festival.
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---21325,00.html

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Margaret, thank you for the photos!

Can i put them on my site, raybradbury.ru?

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elron,
You are welcome to post the pictures on your website!
Margaret

Posts: 10 | Location: Menlo Park, CA USA | Registered: 18 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post