Terrible News
I just heard about it...

Ray's wife, Maggie, just passed away.

That's about all I know.

A most awful sad day!!!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-26-2003).]
25 November 2003, 11:28 PM
lmskipper
I am just stunned at this awful news. Had she been ill? My heart is breaking for Ray.
26 November 2003, 06:25 AM
dandelion
Oh, that really is terrible! I spoke to her only once, it was over the phone, a week or two before Halloween this year, and she was so kind, wonderful and witty, with pronounced opinions on many matters and lovely, endearing little stories. She will be missed by many! Condolences to all their friends and the entire family!
26 November 2003, 01:28 PM
Chrisman43
I am truly heartbroken for him. I can only imagine how awful this is....
26 November 2003, 10:35 PM
Nard Kordell
Of the various times I met Mrs. Bradbury thru the years, she was always pleasant and gracious to me, as well as others around her.

I remember a time they both were together in Santa Barbara, attending a writer's meeting, and both dressed alike. Maybe consciously, maybe unconsciously. At the time, both supported a head of nearly white hair. There was no doubting, even at first glance by a stranger, that these two 'belonged' together....

Mrs. Bradbury seemed to be always there, the few times I was over the house. Answering the door, or entering into conversation with Ray and myself, befriending me, tho I had come to see Ray. On one occassion, I rushed out to their house to tell Ray he just had to see the movie, Chariots of Fire. Can you imagine that? It was a movie I found that he MUST see. In a moment, Mrs. Bradbury was there, in the living room, joining in the conversation, not 'tolerating' one of Ray's odd friends, but genuinely interested in what I had to say. She loved Ray very much, from many situations I happened by on.

But these things, the passing of Mrs. Bradbury, these break the heart forever. This will change Ray profoundly. He loved her dearly, unspeakably dearly, too...
26 November 2003, 11:46 PM
Chrisman43
I do secretly and selfishly (selfish because this should be a time of grieving) wonder how Ray's writing will change because of this. And I'm certain it will change.
27 November 2003, 09:25 PM
feyweaver
I have no idea what to say. What can be said. Never knew I could feel so sad about someone and for someone I've never actually met. I'm just so sorry.