Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HELP: Looking for Bradbury Short Story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP: Looking for Bradbury Short Story
 Login/Join

posted
I read a story by Bradbury years ago. I cannot remember the title or where I saw it. But it is about a future world where Reality TV has pretty much taken over everything. I was wondering if anyone could help me find this story. Either just tell me the title, or tell me some anthology somewhere that it might be found. Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like F451 to me. Anyone else?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. But I know it isn't 451.

Posts: 3 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt much that Ray has much to comment and likely nothing to write about the recent fad of Reality tv. Tho it'll probably be around forever, like the hoola-hoop. Not a Bradbury work.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story in question was from the 1950s (I think) it is definately not recent. So he may have had an inkling about Reality TV. Plus, the TV in question is a lot more... horrid than it is today.

posted Hide Post
Hmm, depends on what you mean by Reality TV and "taking over". You wouldn't be referring to "The Veldt", by any chance?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post