Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Question about collections/reading order
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about collections/reading order
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Good one, Gibush!

Sort of like "The Great Wide World Over There!"

I, too, am located in a small town where night travelers on highways and trains pass through but not often seen!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a belated answer to a much earlier question by Gibush:

When Bradbury Storiescame out, I actually checklisted all the stories that hadn't been collected before.

By my count, there are 10 of these, namely:

“The Square Pegs”, “The Lonely Ones”, “The Changeling”, “A Blade of Grass”, “All on a Summer’s Night”, “A Far-Away Guitar”, “The Illustrated Man”, “A Little Journey”, “Bright Phoenix”, and “The Beautiful Shave”. Four more appeared only in the limited edition reprint of Dark Carnival (2001): “The Sea Shell”, “Bang! You’re Dead!”, “The Poems” and “The Watchers”.

So that's a total of 14 stories you're most unlikely to have read, unless you forked out quite a steep price for the Dark Carnival limited edition.

But I was even more pleased that some of the stories that had been unjustly left out of The Stories of Ray Bradbury were now given a well deserved place ("The Whole Town's Sleeping", "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl", "And the Rock Cried Out", and "The Swan" - to mention only a few that I can think of immediately without checking).

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post