Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    How to get in touch with Ray?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get in touch with Ray?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

I'm editing a new anthology for Arkham House. I need to get in touch with Ray concerning reprint rights for one of his stories. Anyone here know how I can get in touch with him?

Thanks.

JRS.

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Addresses for Ray's Agents, Don Congdon Associates, are:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625
New York, NY 10010-7002
Telephone: (212) 645-1229, Fax: (212) 727-2688.
E-mail: doncongdon@aol.com

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Email doesn't work. Keeps bouncing back.

posted Hide Post
What about getting in touch just to tell him how great his writing is?

Posts: 1 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have done that. Both by mail and in person in earlier days.

posted Hide Post
There's a phone number listed above for Congdon. What happens when you call?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did he reply to the mails you sent him? Also: Does anyone know whether Kurt Vonnegut Jr can be reached by mail? I'm trying to find out whether writing giants like the two actually take time to respond to their fans.
Cheers,
Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never received anything in the mail from him, but others out here have.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard from Congdon yet. Haven't used phoned yet, either.

I only wrote to Ray Bradbury twice. The first time he responded with a letter. Next time I saw him soon after I mailed the letter, including a photo I had taken of Ryerson Johnson who had been one of the first pro editors to notice Bradbury. Ray thanked me in person for the photo. He hadn't seen Mr. Johnson in decades at that time.

posted Hide Post
Maybe I should send him a letter - does anyone know whether Ray sill responds to his fans? Alternatively, what does everyone think about this: Writing a communal letter, from all those interested here, and him responding to it in one simple repy? This would both save him time and energy, and each of the participating correspondednts would feel priveledged that Ray did communicate with him/her. What say you, people of this website?
Cheers,
Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,
I'll be picking up Mr B later this afternoon. He's going to his play "DRUNK AND IN CHARGE OF A BICYCLE.

If anyone would like to send the man a note. Please do so and I'll print it out and give it to him. but only if it's short note. Under 30 words. He dislikes long letters. he just throws them away.

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, geez, Patrick. Did that start after his stroke?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been that way for awhile. Some folks send him pages after pages, of info on themselves. Mr B likes down to the facts type of info. short and sweet.

Later Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, tell him:

-- His writing changed my life. I'm touched by what he did for me every day. My approach to life changed because he turned a ninth-grader into a lover of ideas.

-- Tell him I hope his health and creativity hold up so he can find joy in every day.

-- Tell Him I am so sorry for the loss of Maggie.

Thanks, Patrick