Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Dial Double Zero" -- An Update

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Dial Double Zero" -- An Update
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings all!

I found the old Ray Bradbury forum and was directed here. And I found it through a search for something I've been looking for for over 30 or 35 years I think: a story he wrote called "Dial Double Zero".

A Google search took me to the topic on your old board.

I saw DDZ through a film at school on Ray Bradbury and the clips they showed intrigued me so much that they stuck with me to this day.

And I see I'm not the only one who remembers DDZ either. I'm impressed!

Then, out of a whim, I went to my favorite website that isn't mine: Archive.Org. And look what I found: the film I saw in school!

http://www.archive.org/details...riterByDavidL.Wolper

It's downloadable, and watchable online. AND public domain.

I hope yunz guys all enjoy it as much as I did!

Best,
Chris Yost

Chris!

Read "Sabrina Online: The Story" at
www.chrisfoxx.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Eau Claire, PA | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris, and welcome to the board. A shame you didn't make it here earlier, as we could have pointed you to RAY BRADBURY: STORY OF A WRITER much quicker!

"Dial Double Zero" and another Bradbury film called "All Summer in a Day" seem to be the two items most asked about on this board. No doubt it's because of precisely what you describe: vivid recollections of key moments from an otherwise hazily recalled movie viewed in school.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris, I enjoyed watching it again as I had purchased the DVD some time ago and have it in my Ray Bradbury collection. Another great production, on VHS, is Ray Bradbury, An American Icon.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hi Chris, and welcome to the board. A shame you didn't make it here earlier, as we could have pointed you to RAY BRADBURY: STORY OF A WRITER much quicker!

"Dial Double Zero" and another Bradbury film called "All Summer in a Day" seem to be the two items most asked about on this board. No doubt it's because of precisely what you describe: vivid recollections of key moments from an otherwise hazily recalled movie viewed in school.

Don't it figure? Story of my life, always the last one to the party :P

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have no idea why DDZ sticks in my mind so clearly. I saw it twice during my high school years as did a friend of mine, we always used to do the phone answering routine when we had nothing better to do Smiler

I can't believe there's even a playact of scenes of the story but no actual film of it (that I know of). I know I sure would love to see it if one existed.

God help us, though, if SyFy Channel ever decides to do a movie of it. I remember how badly they mangled "The Cold Equations"!

Chris!

www.chrisfoxx.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Eau Claire, PA | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Thanks Chris, I enjoyed watching it again as I had purchased the DVD some time ago and have it in my Ray Bradbury collection. Another great production, on VHS, is Ray Bradbury, An American Icon.

The really weird thing is that while I love to read and I'm also a writer myself, I can't tell you *any* Ray Bradbury story that I've ever read, and I know I've read his work before and enjoyed it. The bizarre thing is that I landed here during a search for a Heinlein book called "Universe" for my dad, and somehow that led to thinking about DDZ, and that led me here. Four more steps and I'll connect somehow with Kevin Bacon Smiler

Chris!

www.chrisfoxx.com