Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury has died!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury has died!
 Login/Join

posted
I can't begin to express what a huge loss this is!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury will never die. He will just pass on to entertain yet another dimension of fans.

God Speed Ray and THANK YOU!

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it. I'm trying not to be sad, but it's tough. So many memories; so much happiness reading such wonderful books & stories. As an adult I've recognized that my life has been affected, to whatever degree, by Ray. Thanks Mr. Bradbury. I'll always love you & what you've done for me.

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the limited of Side Show. Being a tribute to Ray in the first place, I figured that sounded good.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sad at this news, and as I watch the Shuttle orbiter being floated on the Hudson to its new home, I wonder how many of us who were inspired by Mr. Bradbury's writings have gone on to work in the space program and other out-of-this-world endeavors?

Thank you for the inspiration you gave me!

AstroAllie

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realy sad about this news. He is one of master of my life and probably he is the main factor the desighn of my working room.I am sure he is going to write wherever hw will go.I simply say to him "thank you Ray" wish you more light for your new working room ...

Posts: 1 | Location: Turkey | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you Andrew. I'm in a sort of state of shock. And I'm sad. Yet the joy of Bradbury's spirit keeps pushing through so that, in the end, all I can bring myself to do is celebrate his life. He will indeed live forever, as Mr. Electrico foretold.

I found myself randomly thinking last night of how Ray was still going strong at nearly 92, and how amazing that was. Then I sat down and read a couple of stories, "The Vacation" and "The Drummer Boy of Shiloh" from The Machineries of Joy. I hadn't read a Bradbury story in some time, having devoured most of his work by a few years ago. I can't help but think all of that was somehow fitting, as if his spirit was reaching out into the ether.

Bradbury has been a special influence in the last 15 years, since I was 13, and I hope someday to pay tribute to that. Thanks, Ray, for the joy and the mystery, the imagination, the sheer exuberance for life and its wonders! Live Forever!

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My first letter back from Ray

My second letter to Ray part 1

My second letter to Ray part 2

Ray's unbelievable reply to me...

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a pity, while the inexorable thing. The great people leave one by one. It is terrible that there is none equal to them in the present. I'm being a little boy in a Siberian village for 100 yards to the hole was reading his book. This man, in part, made ​​me this way I am, he created a world of my childhood. And so it is not on Earth. '91 A good age of life, God grant him the kingdom of his own. Sorry for bad English. Frowner

Posts: 1 | Location: Siberia | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buen viaje Ray!

Posts: 1 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people could must be inmortals , Ray is in the space with the astronauts of Calidoscope.
Ray thanks for filling my childhood and adolescence with wonderful places, you're always in my thoughts.

Posts: 1 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh how terribly empty the world feels today. . . My husband and I were so fortunate to sit at his table when he spoke to the Aerojet Management Club so many years ago. We talked about how he hated the subway in Los Angeles, how machines had it in for him and that as soon as he would present himself to the microphone that evening, it would stop working. Sure enough, when he walked up to the podium the microphone started squealing and he pointedly looked in my direction as if to say...."See." Thank Heaven we have his writings to recall him to memory again. God bless his family...and his cats.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear all,
Like many other fans in Ukraine I mourn today.
... "The small boy on the country road looked up and screamed.
'Look, Mom, look! A falling star!'
The blazing white star fell down the sky of dusk in Illinois.
'Make a wish', said his mother. 'Make a wish.' "
Ray's talent was so bright that it gave light to thousands of people all over the world.
He is still giving his light to us like the star in his story "Kaleidoscope"... He will be giving this light to the next generations.
"...We're going to meet a
lot of lonely people in the next week and the next month and the next year. And when
they ask us what we're doing, you can say, We're remembering. That's where we'll
win out in the long run".
R.I.P., dear Ray.

Posts: 2 | Location: Poltava, Ukraine | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's very, very sadly. Ray Bradbury was an epoch in fiction literature, and he will always be remembered. He was a part of my childhood...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In light of his passing, there could be no better eulogy than for some soul who knows the raybradbury.com site manager to access the audio that used to be posted from the speech he gave at the LA Times Festival of Books on Saturday April 29, 2007. It used to be at this link, but it has been dead for a long time and there is no other link available on the internet with the same speech (I have tried). It was long, beautiful and told the story of his life and career with so much joy and love...there couldn't be a more inspirational speech from him. If anyone has a copy, post it or send it along to me please.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post