Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Character Appearances

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Character Appearances
 Login/Join

posted
Here is a terrific site where a guy takes the description of characters from works of literature and then creates their face using police ID software (modern-day indentikit or photofit). No Bradbury characters on there, but there are some others you will surely know:

http://thecomposites.tumblr.com/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, way cool idea!

Bradbury's novels being short on description anyway, and especially the ones put together of short stories with things not necessarily in order, I was left to picture the characters for myself. A general rule in novels is if characters are described, descriptions should occur near the beginning! It isn't until practically the end of Dandelion Wine that he says Douglas's hair was fair or light, by which time I'd already long since pictured a dark-haired Douglas and read it that way every time. The only other description that I know of Douglas is that his skin was very dark--he was a tanner, not a burner--no other physical description I can name.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post