Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Way In The Middle Of The Air & The Wilderness - What Happened?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Way In The Middle Of The Air & The Wilderness - What Happened?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm just lucky, but these days not one of my friends or relatives EVER uses that word, so I am never confronted with that situation. One of my uncles, now deceased, used to occasionally, and I never knew what to do. He was so much older than me and so sick most of the time, I just couldn't bring myself to say anything, but that makes me feel ashamed today. On somewhat the same topic, did you see the Chicago news today about one of the Chicago high schools forfeiting their football game because the school they were supposed to play near Peoria waves a Confederate flag whenever they score a touchdown? Also, they are called the Rebels and have a mural depicting the Confederates in battle. Their coach doesn't see anything wrong with this. He said, "There's no racism in football." Whenever I visit one of my girlfriends in Atlanta, I am always a bit shocked at the large number of people that display this flag. I must say it stunned me that it was also going on in Illinois.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 09-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 09-13-2003).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once left a job with the St. Louis Parking Company on my first day because they told me I had been assigned my lot because they, " . . . wanted a white guy on that lot."

I just finished reading, "The Other Foot." It was an intense, very interesting follow up to, "Way In The Middle Of The Air." Thought provoking as usual. I am all for a second volume of Mars stories.
Thanks, Imskipper.
Greentown

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Greentown. Glad you liked it!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post