Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    don congdon

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

don congdon
 Login/Join

posted
hey all! i need help. I am reading Farenheit 451 and Ray Bradbury dedicated the book to Don Congdon. I am supposed to find out who this is yet i can find nuthing on him anywhere! If anyone has any info plz post it soon!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don is Ray B's long time agent and friend, as long as he's known his wife. Over 57 years

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1945, Don Congdon was an editor in NY who asked Ray for some fiction for a possible book. In 1946, Don became the agent for the pulp fiction segment of Ray's writing. In 1947-1948 he took over as agent of all of Ray's writing.

As FH 451 said, they've been together a long time.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a website containing the address and phone number for Don Congdon Associates, Ray's literary agents: http://www.writersservices.co.uk/WrHandbook/us_don_congdon.htm

Posts: 24 | Location: Enid, OK, USA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post