Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's 88th Birthday Party Celebration
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's 88th Birthday Party Celebration
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'll be there....

Nard

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will also be there to present Ray with a poem that I have composed just for the occasion.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool. Anyone from here going?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so in.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll pop in for a quick visit.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and to bring the cake!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chances are I'll be in the area around the 23rd and will be attending.

Look forward to it!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:

But how will we all recognize everyone from the board. I know - post a photo.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

But how will we all recognize everyone from the board. I know - post a photo.

And ruin the surprise?

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the UK men roll up one trouser leg and give funny handshakes (see "Freemasonry") though wearing name badges might be less bizarre unless your pseudonym happens to be 'Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud'.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And ruin the surprise?

The surprise may be that we don't recognise you!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
In the UK men roll up one trouser leg and give funny handshakes (see "Freemasonry")

"I broke and reached him a flagon of De Grave. He emptied it at a breath. His eyes flashed with a fierce light. He laughed and threw the bottle upwards with a gesticulation I did not understand.

I looked at him in surprise. He repeated the movement -- a grotesque one.

'You do not comprehend?' he said.

'Not I,' I replied.

'Then you are not of the brotherhood.'

'How?'

'You are not of the masons.'

'Yes, yes,' I said 'yes! yes.'

'You? Impossible! A mason?'

'A mason,' I replied.

'A sign,' he said.

'It is this,' I answered, producing a trowel from beneath the folds of my roquelaire."

posted Hide Post
The Cask of Amontillado, I believe, by a Mr E. A. Poe?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
IF I were to attend, I'd be recognized as the "Old Fat Guy" with having had my photo posted several times on this Board. Although I did lose 30 pounds last year, I , unfortunately, found most of them.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
IF I were to attend, I'd be recognized as the "Old Fat Guy" with having had my photo posted several times on this Board. Although I did lose 30 pounds last year, I , unfortunately, found most of them.

You've just described the majority of attendees, myself included. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post